Author Topic: Batches of dough, sized and rolled straight onto pan?  (Read 775 times)

Offline beckinoz

Batches of dough, sized and rolled straight onto pan?
« on: November 01, 2012, 08:35:22 PM »
Just wondering if I can make my dough then straight away weigh it and roll it onto my pizza pan, then let it sit covered in the fridge?  If it is possible, what do I have to do to the dough balls and pan?

Thanks in advance

Beck

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Batches of dough, sized and rolled straight onto pan?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 09:03:39 PM »
Beck,

Welcome to the forum!  :)

What style of pizza do you want to make in a pan?  If you want to make a Sicilian pizza what you want to do is possible.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline beckinoz

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 09:09:21 PM »
Hi Norma,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I need to learn more about the different pizza's.  I don't want the crust wafer thin but I don't want it overly thick either (if that makes any sense? lol)

Do I dress the base with sauce at the same time?

Thanks

Beck

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 09:11:12 PM »
Beck,

I guess you want to make a Sicilian style.  Is that correct?

Norma

Offline beckinoz

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 09:26:04 PM »
Sorry Norma I hate to be confusing,

In Australia, we do not go by Sicilian style, the closest I can give you of the type of crust is: classic crust from domino's australia.  The toppings I want to add will vary as I am making 6 x 13" pizza's; vegetarian, meatlovers, pepperoni, hawaiian, bbq chicken and mushrooom, plus a custom pizza of tuna and veg.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 09:40:12 PM »
Beck,

No need to say you are sorry.  When I came to the forum I sure didnít know the different styles of pizzas.

Is this what your Dominos classic crust look like in Australia? 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMDnhmzIrcw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMDnhmzIrcw</a>

If that is what your pizzas look like, and that is the style you want to make,  I will have to think awhile if there is any style like that here on the forum.

Maybe other members will help you too.

Norma

Offline beckinoz

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 10:07:56 PM »
that is the crust I am attempting (but not in the same pans)

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 08:06:06 AM »
Beck;
Yes you can do as you propose.
Increase the temperature of the finished dough to around 90F by using warm water to make the dough with. All other ingredients should remain as they presently are for right now. Immediately after mixing, form the dough into dough balls of desired weight, lightly oil and set aside (covered with a piece of plastic) to rise for at least 30-minutes (45 to 60 is better). Prepare the pan by greasing with shortening (Crisco) or margarine, place the dough ball into the pan and using your fingers, press the dough out to fit the pan. If you have difficulty, cover the pan and set it aside to rest for about 20-minutes, then finish pressing the dough into the pan. Once the dough is pressed into the pan, cover it and allow the panned dough to rise for 20 to 30-minutes, uncover the pan and place it into the fridge. After about 90-minutes in the fridge, cover the pan with a piece of foil crimped over the top rim of the pan. Allow the dough to remain in the fridge until the following day, then remove from the fridge about 60-minutes before you plan to dress it. From that point on dress and bake the dough as you would any other deep-dish pizza. Be aware though that you won't get the same flavor profile as you would from a dough that was given 24 to 48-hours of cold fermentation prior to panning the dough.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline beckinoz

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 02:11:41 PM »
Thanks so much for that information.  I will let you know how I go.

pizzapan