Author Topic: any one want to try bianco diNapoli tomatoes  (Read 2891 times)

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
any one want to try bianco diNapoli tomatoes
« on: November 01, 2012, 10:42:22 PM »
 i can get the product thru one of my suppliers. they carry it in their Texas warehouse. they would ship it to their toledo location and i would pull it from there. i would sell it at can cost plus shipping. shipping would probably get expensive. these would be #10 cans. the first step is a sample for me to try then case pricing. if it is reasonable i am going to purchase some.pm if interested.i will have more information monday.

Offline TXCraig1

Re: any one want to try bianco diNapoli tomatoes
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 10:49:03 PM »
Where in Texas is their warehouse? I might take several cases if it is close. I'd like to try a can in any case.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 12:03:35 AM »
Larry,  sounds interesting,  been meaning to ask you if you still get that oregano on a stick.  love that stuff and have no good dried stuff from the garden this winter....  Marc

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 06:11:50 AM »
Larry - I would love a case. I just emailed them a few days ago to see if they had a NE distributor and they don't yet.

John

Offline fornographer

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 07:58:09 AM »
Hi Larry. I am interested too.  Thank you.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 10:24:36 AM »
me too!!

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 11:42:01 AM »
 craig, the supplier is sofo foods, they have a distribution center in Huston . i will find out if they carry caputo there, if so it is 30.40 a bag.as my rep gets information to me i will put prices together. the only issue will be shipping costs as a can weighs about 8 pounds. i also have access to the sicilian oregano on the branch.really strong and flavorful a little goes along way. 

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 04:52:13 PM »
 one more interesting product i have just tried is tried is giusto 00 organic flour. i made a batch today for sunday use. it costs me 1.00 per pound, a very expensive flour.anyone tried this product?

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 01:18:50 PM »
 the sample arrived. i an going to use it this week end.if anyone is still interested let me know.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 01:25:52 PM by thezaman »

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 05:12:05 PM »
Yes I am interested !
Thanks Larry!
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 05:13:28 PM »
the sample arrived. i an going to use it this week end.if anyone is still interested let me know.

Larry, please let me know what you think. I'm going to hold off buying until I hear from you.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2012, 02:13:46 AM »
Yes Larry, please let us know how it compares with your favorite brand of tomatoes but I would also be interested to try a large can. 

Marlon

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 09:59:07 AM »
Larry - If you could do a direct comparison to a can of DOP SM tomatoes, it would be helpful for one-to-one comparison as it applies to NP.

John

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 05:29:36 PM »
 got to try the bianco diNapoli sunday and was very happy with the product. it tasted very fresh and did not have a bitter aftertaste that i sometimes notice when i eat just the bread and dough part of the pizza. the product is minimally processed when canned, no citric acid just sea salt and basil. it tastes sweet and a nice tomato flavor not heavy on acidity. it is packed in a puree that allows you to grind the tomatoes and use all of the product. it seems softer than other canned tomatoes but i think the citric acid has something to do with that.

john d asked if i would cut them against a dop tomato and i did.the only one i have is la valle and have never liked it because it is to watery and you have to dump liquid. i cannot handle that procedure as it is wasteful. i added salt to my ground lavalle as it as most italian tomatoes are processed with a lot less salt 40mg per half cup vs. bianco at 220mg. i added salt and tasted, it just has a bland taste to me. in a taste test with employees the bianco and my everyday product ciao whole tomatoes which are used by a lot of neapolitan pizzerias were always favored. the ciao was picked over the bianco by some.i liked the finish or lack of finish on the bianco but both are very good products.i think that if the price for the bianco is realy high i would not mess with changing,but if close i would.the ciao are 4.25 per number 10 can which is very reasonable.i think that the american distributor must bring in massive amounts of this product to get the cost down.i am waiting for availability and pricing and will follow up when i get it. picture of a bianco diNapoli pie

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2012, 12:42:46 PM »
 i got the information from my supplier. di napoli bianco tomatoes will be 37.82 per case. 6.31 per number 10 plush a shipping fee. i have to a certain number of cases for them to bring it in . any interest i can get shipping rates.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2012, 02:09:08 PM »
PLease bring me a case on your next NY tripLarry ! Thank you
Or... when are we going to Maryland ?
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

pizzapan