Author Topic: What Are You Eating Right Now???  (Read 83990 times)

Offline dmcavanagh

Re: What Are You Eating Right Now???
« Reply #600 on: July 17, 2013, 03:32:06 PM »
I'm not eating anything at the moment, but I just got done shopping and have a beautiful angus chuck roast, it's going in the crock pot with beef broth, a little tomato paste, some worchestershire sauce, onions, carrots, potatoes and mushrooms. I'll be all set for a couple of meals and Buster will get a real treat also.

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #601 on: July 17, 2013, 03:45:11 PM »
Steamed brown rice with a gravy I made last night and into the gravy I added pork rib meat that I smoked over the weekend and 4 fresh Santa Rosa plums that had all been reheated in the oven. The gravy is a light brown color and with the pork and taste of plums is delicious. All over the rice. Nice lunch at work.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #602 on: July 17, 2013, 03:51:28 PM »
Steamed brown rice with a gravy I made last night and into the gravy I added pork rib meat that I smoked over the weekend and 4 fresh Santa Rosa plums that had all been reheated in the oven. The gravy is a light brown color and with the pork and taste of plums is delicious. All over the rice. Nice lunch at work.

Mark

Good old fashioned pot roast sounds really good right now
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline redox

« Reply #603 on: July 17, 2013, 03:59:10 PM »
Some leftover Pad Kee Mao (Drunken Noodles) from a great hole-in-the-wall Thai Restaurant. Ah...feel the burn.  :D

Offline jeff v

• I'm Valentino not Varasano :)
    • Pizzeria Valentino
« Reply #604 on: July 17, 2013, 04:03:03 PM »
You know it's hot if I don't feel like eating.  8)
Back to being a civilian pizza maker only.

Offline redox

« Reply #605 on: July 17, 2013, 04:22:00 PM »
You know it's hot if I don't feel like eating.  8)
That's why I don't eat outside.  ;D
Tomorrow will be 93 & 93% humidity. It'll be too hot to walk through the village and cane the peasants. I think I'll just stay home and plan what I'll do to the next person who says, "It's not the heat it's the humidity."  :-D

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #606 on: July 17, 2013, 04:32:43 PM »
I got 2 cheap ass Welmart smoked turkey legs simmering in a kettle on the stove to be mixed with some Jasmine brown rice and veggies for tonite. Maybe choke down some leftover pizza too. Nothing to heat the house up too much. 91 degrees out right now with a heat advisory out for about 1/2 the state.

jon

Offline dhorst

« Reply #607 on: July 17, 2013, 04:43:50 PM »
Stock is going for chicken soup with herbed dumplings.  The rye is out of the oven and cooling for the grilled cheese sandwiches that will go with the soup.  Yes, it's hot here 93 with a heat index of 102.  Soup is light.

Offline redox

« Reply #608 on: July 17, 2013, 04:45:29 PM »
I got 2 cheap ass Welmart smoked turkey legs simmering in a kettle on the stove to be mixed with some Jasmine brown rice and veggies for tonite. Maybe choke down some leftover pizza too. Nothing to heat the house up too much. 91 degrees out right now with a heat advisory out for about 1/2 the state.

jon
I was at Walmart today, too, that's where I saw Jabba the Hutt getting out of his clown car. I got a big ol' hoagie, submarine sandwich, grinder, or whatever they call'em in your part of the world. Mix some Miracle Whip & rooster sauce and slather it on. :D
I'm not even turning on a burner today.

Offline redox

« Reply #609 on: July 17, 2013, 04:48:15 PM »
Stock is going for chicken soup with herbed dumplings.  The rye is out of the oven and cooling for the grilled cheese sandwiches that will go with the soup.  Yes, it's hot here 93 with a heat index of 102.  Soup is light.
Have you ever tried making grilled cheese sandwiches using mayonnaise instead of butter or margarine? I've done blind taste tests with friends and most prefer the mayo sandwiches.

Offline dhorst

« Reply #610 on: July 17, 2013, 04:51:23 PM »
Have you ever tried making grilled cheese sandwiches using mayonnaise instead of butter or margarine? I've done blind taste tests with friends and most prefer the mayo sandwiches.
I have not.  Interesting.  I have made garlic bread using mayo instead of butter and it went over quite well.  I just may give the mayo thing a shot tonight. :D

Offline redox

« Reply #611 on: July 17, 2013, 04:55:22 PM »
I have not.  Interesting.  I have made garlic bread using mayo instead of butter and it went over quite well.  I just may give the mayo thing a shot tonight. :D
You have to use regular mayo, not low or no-fat which will break down under the heat. Reduce the heat a bit since it has a slight tendency to burn. And of course, grated cheese melts much better. The sandwiches are less greasy, too. I always make them this way now. It's an old greasy spoon trick that someone showed me years ago.

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #612 on: July 17, 2013, 04:57:08 PM »
You guys are makin me hungry, and I just ate a small bowl of Perry's White Lightin' Ice Cream! 8)

Offline dhorst

« Reply #613 on: July 17, 2013, 04:58:19 PM »
You have to use regular mayo, not low or no-fat which will break down under the heat. Reduce the heat a bit since it has a slight tendency to burn. And of course, grated cheese melts much better. The sandwiches are less greasy, too. I always make them this way now. It's an old greasy spoon trick that someone showed me years ago.
One of my favorite things to do is to coat the bread with grated parm after it's been buttered for an extra crispy crust.  I'll have to try that with the mayo.

Offline redox

« Reply #614 on: July 17, 2013, 05:03:56 PM »
One of my favorite things to do is to coat the bread with grated parm after it's been buttered for an extra crispy crust.  I'll have to try that with the mayo.
Well then, I'm gonna steal your grated parm idea! Sounds tasty.  ;D

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #615 on: July 17, 2013, 05:05:04 PM »

I've done the grated parm thing too, VERY good on fish also. I'll have to try the mayo thingy.

jon

Offline redox

« Reply #616 on: July 17, 2013, 05:08:45 PM »
I've done the grated parm thing too, VERY good on fish also. I'll have to try the mayo thingy.

jon
I guarantee it. If you don't like it, send it to me and I'll eat it.  :-D
(I had to put a period after the first "it". Four "its" in one sentence just seemed wrong.)

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
« Reply #617 on: July 17, 2013, 06:44:46 PM »
I was at Walmart today, too, that's where I saw Jabba the Hutt getting out of his clown car. I got a big ol' hoagie, submarine sandwich, grinder, or whatever they call'em in your part of the world. Mix some Miracle Whip & rooster sauce and slather it on. :D
I'm not even turning on a burner today.

Miracle whip?  Yech!
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Offline redox

« Reply #618 on: July 17, 2013, 07:20:16 PM »
Miracle whip?  Yech!
I should stop trying to multi-task, I'm really a mono-tasker. I meant Hellman's Mayonnaise, of course. Sorry if I inadvertently brought culinary hell down on anyone. I really should pay more attention to what I'm typing.  ;D
Everybody knows that Miracle Whip belongs on a peanut butter sandwich.  :drool:

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #619 on: July 17, 2013, 07:21:00 PM »
My cherry tomatoes are beginning to ripen.  I can't wait for my other tomatoes to ripen.  There's nothing like a blt with tomato still warm from the sun. 

Diana,

Sounds good that your cherry tomatoes are beginning to ripen.  I also like tomatoes kissed by the sun.  I just threw that together, because it is too hot for me to cook much.  The air conditioning is almost running none stop.  I see you are baking and cooking today.  You sure are a cook.  :angel:  The heat takes my appetite away some.  I think tomorrow it will only be a egg and olive sandwich with more fruit.  Maybe a salad if I feel like making one. 

Norma

Always working and looking for new information!

pizzapan