Author Topic: Where can I find KASL flour?  (Read 2382 times)

Offline B0urr1quet

Where can I find KASL flour?
« on: May 04, 2012, 02:10:24 AM »
Hey guys,

I am currently spending a couple of weeks in your marvelous country and would like to bring a few pounds of KASL flour to give it a try back home. During the next days, I will visit the following cities / national parks: bluff, great sand dunes, mosca, colorado springs, denver and durango.

I've tried segway, wallmart so far...they do have King Arthur's flour, but only bleached, whole wheat etc.

Does anyone here know where I could find KA Sir Lancelot in the locations mentioned above?

Cheers  8)

Offline TXCraig1

Re: Where can I find KASL flour?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 10:12:28 AM »
I think it is pretty unlikely that you will find KASL in any retail store. There is almost no retail distribution.

CL
Pizza is not bread.

Offline B0urr1quet

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 10:42:43 AM »
Well, that's unfortunate  :-\
Where can I find it? is it only available online?

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 10:53:13 AM »
Well, that's unfortunate  :-\

If you wanted smaller individual sizes the only place would be online http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/king-arthur-sir-lancelot-unbleached-hi-gluten-flour-3-lb. The only way you can get it, afaik, is from a restaurant supply store in 50lbs bags.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 10:56:23 AM »
Well, that's unfortunate  :-\
If you happen to see a specialty grocer, you might take a peek, but I wouldn't waste my time looking in big box stores.

There really is nothing special about it. It's not magical, and you can make a pizza that is every bit as good, if not better, with many other different kinds of flour. Given the choice between KASL, KABF, and KAAP, I'd grab the KAAP for pizza. For someone just starting out, I'd reccomend KABF if they really wanted to try a KA product. If you're making a NY style pizza, you probably have even better choices available.

Just my $0.02

Craig
Pizza is not bread.

Offline B0urr1quet

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 09:36:12 PM »
Hey guys, thanks a bunch for the input. I found a dealer in Denver, I'll give him a call on Monday to see what is possible. In any case, I will follow your advice Craig, and try the flours you mention.

See ya  :chef:

Offline LuLu

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 03:08:21 PM »
Hello :)
I live in central CA,  I ordered a 50 pound bag of KASL flour from Chefswarehouse.  It cost me 19.98 plus 16.52 shipping, total was 36.50   I got it from their store in  City Of Industry , it was a one time purchase, they had to set me up like a regular customer, I paid by credit card, I had to fax them some personal info, and they shipped my flour.  Their phone number is 626-465-4200

they were very nice and person that helped me said I would be able to get more flour as needed.  I talked to one of the reps at KA who gave me the name of Chefswarehouse and phone number and said to let them know he would appreciate it if they would sell  me KASL.  Then  KA sent me several coupons to get their other flour at my regular grocery store.  I kept 25 pounds, put it in ziplock bags in my freezer, then sold the other 25 pounds.  I love KA!! ...best pizza crust ever.

LuLu

Offline ThatsAmore

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 11:46:25 PM »
I found KASL flour at a local high end grocer here in Tulsa and as I recall, it was like $5 for 2 pounds, quite pricey IMO.  :-\
Who put that pie in my eye ?

Offline MrPibbs

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 08:32:46 PM »
As a newbie, I appreciated and followed Craig's advice in another thread.  I started using KASL because it was in the first post that Pete did on NY Style Lehman Pizza here....but after changing to some of Craig's recommendations, I definitely get a better tasting/texture pizza. 

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 09:05:37 PM »
MrPibbs,

I am curious to know which of Craig's recommendations you followed. They might be helpful to others also.

Peter

pizzapan