Author Topic: Burn utube music  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Burn utube music
« on: November 03, 2012, 03:50:02 PM »
What is the easiest way to do this.....and I mean easy(willing to purchase a program if needed) Thank you .... ;D

A year or so ago I could download them onto my android using a june pdat thingy and then transfer it to the pc to burn. Don't work any more....darn Sprint store... >:(
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 03:53:57 PM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
Re: Burn utube music
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 04:55:20 PM »
Do you have a computer as well as your Droid?  If so, is it Mac, PC, etc? 
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 05:03:01 PM »
If you are using Firefox, DownloadHelper works great.
The member formerly known as Colonel_Klink

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 05:09:44 PM »
Well...I did jus say I used to download from my droid onto my pc....so yeah, I have a computer. Although I often feel it has me.... ;D
A 4 yr. old e-machine...windows xp home. I was jus playing around and learned how to email a vid from utube to myself....not sure what the "embeding" thing is though but have a felling you are going to tell me that is the way. Can I file the email thing and then download that file onto a "player" and burn from that? Would like to do it an easier way though ....dunno.
Thank you Brian for any help...I know you are up on this stuff but remember ...I'm an idiot. I mean ...computer idiot!!   :-D

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 05:13:27 PM »
If you are using Firefox, DownloadHelper works great.
Yeah, you're the man too!  ;D
I run chrome but folks have told me firefox is awesomer....maybe it's time to take the plunge into da fiyah.  >:D

Offline pizzaneer

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 05:58:21 PM »
Bob, I just tried emailing a video to myself.  Nope. That won't work.

It was this one - a hilarious, mindblowing video BTW.

What you need is what Don recommended, a downloading app that can "pull" content from flash players.  Not actually easy to do.  The firefox app is free, and there is a version for Chrome as well.

http://www.chromeextensions.org/other/easy-youtube-video-downloader/

It adds a "Download" button underneath the video box.   

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 06:09:48 PM »
Bob, I just tried emailing a video to myself.  Nope. That won't work.

It was this one - a hilarious, mindblowing video BTW.

What you need is what Don recommended, a downloading app that can "pull" content from flash players.  Not actually easy to do.  The firefox app is free, and there is a version for Chrome as well.

http://www.chromeextensions.org/other/easy-youtube-video-downloader/

It adds a "Download" button underneath the video box.  

Thanks so much Brian and Colonel....
Lately, first thing in the mourning I get a note that say's "flash player has crashed" and the utube vidio I had playing from the night before will be locked/stalled. Have to direct to something new/different to kick start that momma again. Am I cruise'in for a bruise'in here?
Some sort of thimg had me recently go into no man's land (for me) and remove a particular flash player. Don't know what that was all about ...but I do as I'm told..!!!! >:D   (prolly never hear that outta my mouth again)   ;)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 06:11:31 PM by Chicago Bob »

Offline pizzaneer

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 07:06:17 PM »
Not a big deal, IMO. But I would take care to shut down your computer every night. Leaving it on constantly will take years off its short useful life.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 08:40:11 PM »
Not a big deal, IMO. But I would take care to shut down your computer every night. Leaving it on constantly will take years off its short useful life.

OK great...that's good to know. I've been going under the premise of the stereo guys saying a high watt amp is best left alone/on...told you I was a computer brainiack!!  :'(

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 08:54:43 PM »
I have a desktop computer that I use as a file server that has been on continuously for over 5 years now. Keep the dust cleaned out of it and make sure the fans keep working and it will last a long time.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 08:58:07 PM »
I use as a file server
Does that mean it is a supplemental file storage unit that is part of your system....?

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 09:08:57 PM »
Does that mean it is a supplemental file storage unit that is part of your system....?

Yes. It has over 1TB of storage, which isn't all that outrageous by today's standards, but just a few years ago it was. I used to digitize old engineering drawings for a company that I worked for, so I needed a lot of storage. The file server is accessible by all of the computers on my LAN. I don't really use it much anymore, mostly just for backup.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 09:21:11 PM »
Yes. It has over 1TB of storage, which isn't all that outrageous by today's standards, but just a few years ago it was. I used to digitize old engineering drawings for a company that I worked for, so I needed a lot of storage. The file server is accessible by all of the computers on my LAN. I don't really use it much anymore, mostly just for backup.
Thanks Don. I don't know how much a Tablespoon of storage is but knowing you....it's probably a LOT!  :o
Digitizing engineering drawings sounds like something I hope I may learn to do maybe in a few years from now when I have the patience to figure this stuff out....I admire your skills and appreciate your patience with me. Brian is awesome too....thanks guys!  You're very nice.

Offline pizzaneer

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 09:25:37 PM »
I Tb is a lot of storage!

Bob, I run XP on an old PC just to use a certain program.  I've noticed that if I leave it on overnight, it will get slower and slower.  There's a definite memory leak in XP.  Restarting it each day gives me the workday without bugs.  I wouldn't use XP unless I had to... is there some reason you are using it?

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 09:55:25 PM »
The only reason I use xp is because it is what I thought I was being a techy guru by updating my "98" back in the day. It's only blue screened maybe like twice...I have heard that it is pretty reliable in that respect...but I would like to step up to more modern if it will give me more speed cause I recently changed the house media to what I am told has real fast capabilities...thanks.

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 10:18:14 PM »
IMO XP is rock solid. I've never had any trouble with it whatsoever and never noticed a memory leak. My wife's and my last laptop both had Vista installed and I downgraded them to XP. I will not "upgrade" until I am forced to.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 10:31:31 PM »
IMO XP is rock solid. I've never had any trouble with it whatsoever and never noticed a memory leak. My wife's and my last laptop both had Vista installed and I downgraded them to XP. I will not "upgrade" until I am forced to.
Thanks Don...I didn't want to get into the argument that recently transpired about the virtues of xp.... so would the best option be to to switch from chrome over to firefox...IYHO?
And burn away....
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 10:33:25 PM by Chicago Bob »

Offline Woodfiredovenpizzero

• Nothing like a WFO Pizza in the backyard!
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 10:40:39 PM »
Talking about this I was trying to do the same. But I like to change the lyrics of this song to making' the dough, making' the dough ... makin' the dough, making' the dough ... :-D

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 10:44:28 PM »
Talking about this I was trying to do the same. But I like to change the lyrics of this song to making' the dough, making' the dough ... makin' the dough, making' the dough ... :-D

......what in the heck are you contributing dude....Oooops, sorry...I meant ...what the hell you talk'in 'bout man?  :-D

Offline Woodfiredovenpizzero

• Nothing like a WFO Pizza in the backyard!
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 10:56:02 PM »
I guess no technical contribution here. Your utube post just reminded me that it will be great to download and burn all the good songs and play them back without having to search everytime in the middle of making the dough  :-D or having the pizza in the oven. Have you heard this song's chorus? This cracks me up  :-D