Author Topic: 2Stone pizza pics  (Read 50276 times)

Offline parallei

Re: 2Stone pizza pics
« Reply #340 on: September 20, 2014, 11:10:42 PM »
Nice pies dineomite and rsaha!

Here is one I did this evening.  They were 63% HR, Caputo, 1.8% SD, and 2.5% Salt.  24 hours @ room temp, with a couple go hours in the fridge mid-morning.  I used the Mutti Polpa tomatoes I bought today (right out of the can) and Margherita brand natural casing stick pepperoni.  The tomatoes were good…..

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #341 on: September 21, 2014, 12:27:42 AM »

Here is one I did this evening.  They were 63% HR, Caputo, 1.8% SD, and 2.5% Salt.  24 hours @ room temp, with a couple go hours in the fridge mid-morning.  I used the Mutti Polpa tomatoes I bought today (right out of the can) and Margherita brand natural casing stick pepperoni.  The tomatoes were good…..
Your pies are always beautiful p but those new toms pop pretty bright, eh?   Lovely work man.   :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline parallei

« Reply #342 on: September 21, 2014, 05:42:56 PM »
those new toms pop pretty bright, eh?   Lovely work man.

Thanks Bob.  Maybe the flash outdoors brightens things up.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 06:10:34 PM by parallei »

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #343 on: September 21, 2014, 08:36:51 PM »
Sour cherry jam, balsamic braised onions, marguez, mozz, and blue cheese. Giusto's 00, 61.5 H20, 3 NaCl, .4 Ischia 24 bulk, 20 balled, 875, 60 sec

Beautiful pie and great-sounding topping combination.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #344 on: September 21, 2014, 08:37:21 PM »

Sweet pie Paul.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #345 on: September 21, 2014, 09:58:04 PM »
Paul,

Beautiful pie!

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline rsaha

• I'm so confused...
« Reply #346 on: September 21, 2014, 10:22:59 PM »

Awesome pie as usual.. I saw the Mutti tomatoes today in an Italian deli. I can't get the fabled Cento here but do use San Marzano DOP for my sauce. How do the Mutti stack up against the Cento?

Offline parallei

« Reply #347 on: September 21, 2014, 10:53:40 PM »
Thanks Norma and Craig!  Occasionally, everything works. :-D

Rsaha,

The Cento product I usually use for my NP's are the "Italian Peeled Tomatoes" (the can with the Italian flag with "Product of Italy" on it), not their "Certified" San Marzano Tomatoes.  I've had better luck with the "Italian Peeled Tomatoes", plus they are cheaper!  I've also tried many more expensive D.O.P San Marzano brands but have never felt they are worth the extra cost.  YMMV.

The Mutti Polpa tomatoes I used are crushed tomatoes.  I'm not sure what variety.  I liked them quite a bit and discussed them here:

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=34172.0

Bake on…...

Offline vandev

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #348 on: September 22, 2014, 08:17:01 AM »

Beautiful pie there...cookbook cover stuff...

Chris ;D

Offline rsaha

• I'm so confused...
« Reply #349 on: October 13, 2014, 07:55:49 PM »
63% H2O, 9.7% starter, 3% salt. 24 hours at 65 and 36 cold. Old school pepperoni and mushroom

Offline dineomite

« Reply #350 on: October 13, 2014, 11:04:12 PM »
I never get tired of looking at the 2Stone pics.

Offline dineomite

« Reply #351 on: November 13, 2014, 06:46:49 PM »
This is the time of year where I typically transition from the backyard WFO to the 2Stone. On of my favorite pies is the Pistacchio e Salciccia courtesy of Don Antonio of Keste.

I riff on in it a little bit by using spicy sausage and adding some Quadrello di bufala to the mix.

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2012/02/top-this-pistacchio-e-salsiccia-a-la-don-antonio.html

Offline dineomite

« Reply #352 on: November 13, 2014, 06:51:00 PM »
WHOOPS!!!

Don Antonio of STARITA. (I usually get this pie when I go to Keste).

Offline Everlast

« Reply #353 on: November 14, 2014, 12:19:01 PM »
Awesome! I'm adding this to my to-do list. There's not much instruction on that link. Are you using a standard pesto recipe but swapping pine nuts out for pistachios?

Offline MotoMannequin

• My Photography Website
« Reply #354 on: November 14, 2014, 04:50:48 PM »
Awesome! I'm adding this to my to-do list. There's not much instruction on that link. Are you using a standard pesto recipe but swapping pine nuts out for pistachios?

There is more detail there, but it's hidden. Click one of the pics and it takes you to a slideshow with more step-by-step detail.

Dineomite - that pizza is picture-perfect!

Offline slybarman

« Reply #355 on: November 14, 2014, 04:53:18 PM »

I'll jump on the me-too bandwagon - that is a picture perfect pie. Up there with the one of craig's that is still my desktop wallpaper. :)

Offline dineomite

« Reply #356 on: November 17, 2014, 06:57:32 PM »
Everlast, it's similar to a standard pesto recipe, but not quite the same. Whatever he calls for in the recipe seems to be a little on the thick side. I adjust the oil for spreadability. It freezes well. I like to make a sizable batch of the pesto and the sausage then I always have some at the ready.

Moto, thanks for the kind words.