Author Topic: Your top-10 pies?  (Read 873 times)

Offline TXCraig1

Your top-10 pies?
« on: November 04, 2012, 05:49:51 PM »
What are your top-10 pies? Any style. When I sat down to think about it, it was harder than I thought it would be to put the list together.

Here are mine:

1. Margherita (w/ mozzarella di bufala) or Spicy Margherita (w/ Fior di latte, Aleppo, and Calabrian chilies) No parmesan or pecorino on either.
1(tie). Mozzarella di bufala, chives, evoo, sea salt (credit: dellavecchia)
1(tie). Clam no cheese (http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,17383.msg168880.html#msg168880)
4. Mozzarella di bufala, Brussels Sprouts, pancetta, garlic, parm, evoo (credit: Motorino)
5. Dry whole milk mozz, Pepperoni (VT), and jalapenos
6. Fior di latte, spicy sopressata, garlic, red chili flakes, fresh oregano
7. Mozzarella di bufala, fresh mushroom slices, parmigiano-reggiano ,and white truffle oil
8. Fior di latte, spicy fennel sausage, dried cranberries plumped in white rum, red pepper flakes, honey, basil
9. Asparagus birds nest with blue cheese+mascarpone or lemon and egg or prosciutto.
10. Tomato thinned with evoo, dry WM mozz, aged white cheddar, black pepper

I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline rpmfla

• Lifetime Member
Re: Your top-10 pies?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 03:44:05 PM »
1. Mushroom, hot Italian sausage, bell pepper, sauce and mozz on a rectangular medium thick pan dough. (grew up eating this in upstate NY)
2. Hot Italian sausage, mozz, ricotta, on a thin crust with tomato sauce and Sriracha Sauce. The dabs of creamy ricotta balance the spicy sauce.
3. Plain Cheese Pizza. Just good, gooey mozz cheese on a large, thin, foldable slice.
4. Pesto, basil, few dabs of tomato sauce, shrimp, mozz, feta, garlic.
5. Roasted garlicy Brussels Sprouts, caramelized onion, ham, tomato sauce, topped with mozz.
6. Roasted garlicy Brussels Sprouts, cashew and basil "hummus", and shrimp, topped with mozz.
7. Detroit Style pepperoni.
8. Ham and mushroom...both roasted beforehand in an oven to remove liquid and intensify the flavor.
9. Ham and pineapple.
10. any of the ones you listed! I have yet to try making a clam pizza but will soon.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 04:52:13 PM »
1. Guadeloupe - halved and gutted cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarela, cilantro (Neo-Neapolitan)
2. Pepperoni and japs - Vermont smoke and whole milk mozzarella topped with finely sliced fresh jalapenos (NY thin)
3. Detroiter -  Vermont smoked on the dough, mild white cheddar around the edges, whole milk mozzarella in the middle topped with another layer of Vermont smoked and 2 strips of crushed tomato sauce (Detroit).
4. Italian sausage and sliced white onions (NY thin).
5+ Everything else.

Offline TomN

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 06:21:53 PM »
My lastest favorite pizza is on page 26 of my thread. If your too tired to prep all the ingredients, then make the pizza listed below it. Both pizzas are very tasty, but the first pizza rules.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,17415.500.html