Author Topic: Fabulous Mushroom Pizza!  (Read 3361 times)

NYPizza

Fabulous Mushroom Pizza!
« on: April 17, 2003, 09:04:44 AM »
Thanks for creating the best pizza site on the Web, Steve!

One of the hallmarks of a great NY pizza joint is that their big slices are absolutely covered with pepperoni, mushrooms or whatever topping(s) you order if you want more than plain cheese.

You may find mushrooms alone a little bland or dry on your homemade pizza. When I make mushroom pizza, I fry the mushrooms in extra virgin olive oil first, along with tossing in a few or even many cloves of minced packed in oil or fresh garlic. The secret is to cook everything by stirring frequently in hot oil until the oil itself browns quite a bit.

Add the oil, mushrooms and garlic to the pizza four minutes or so before the end of cooking time. If you are really into it, use 16 ounces of mushrooms for one 12" pizza!

I know you recommend using light oil, Steve, but frying the extra virgin olive oil gives the whole pizza a unique flavor. This one is incredible! Try it!  ;D

greatdad1

Re:Fabulous Mushroom Pizza!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2003, 09:25:43 AM »
My favorite is to saute quartered baby bella mushrooms in garlic and butter for addition to a deep dish pizza. For thin pizzas, I slice the shrooms. Yum.

wangyingcpa

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2003, 09:18:09 PM »
i come from chinese and my english is not very good. can you send me some ways making Pizza. i have never made before, but i am very interested in it. ::)

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2003, 08:32:14 AM »
Scroll to the very bottom of this page and click on the link "Back to pizzamaking.com". There are a bunch of recipes that you can try.  ;D
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Michelle

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2003, 08:00:58 AM »
My favorite addition to a thin, mushroom pizza is a drizzle of truffle oil after it comes out of the oven.  Expensive, but utterly amazing :)

pizzapan