Author Topic: Walmart Great Value Mozzarrela  (Read 1103 times)

Offline PizzaEater101

Walmart Great Value Mozzarrela
« on: November 19, 2012, 12:13:43 AM »
Just bought some Walmart Great Value Mozzarella. I did read reviews here before I bought it and found that some people like it and some don't. Makes sense, can't have everyone like it or dislike it just as in any product.

I found it is very soft as some people have noted here. I did not make pizza yet with it but I did try it out and immediately I knew what it taste like. It did taste like moz but that's not what I'm getting at. It really did resemble in softness and taste like Mexican queso fresco but it does not crumble like it. It seems to taste like a cross between queso fresco and moz. The softness as noted is like queso fresco without the crumbling. I have no idea how the taste on the pizza will be.

I set out to Walmart to buy some Polly-O because I have heard so much about it and I heard on this board that some Walmarts carry Polly and some don't. They did not have it so I got the Walmart Great Value Brand of whole milk moz. They had another brand but I forget the name, it was an Italian name but only had part-skim and I don't like the results of the part-skim moz on pizza so I had to skip that. They had Precious too but only part-skim milk.

Wait I did a search of various moz brands and I think it was Joseph Farms moz they had also the Italian one I mention but it was as noted part-skim milk so that was out of the question. Joseph Farms named after Joseph E Gallo. Not sure how good that would have been had they had a whole milk version.

I do have some Trader Joe's left so I might make a 50/50 blend on the pie because I can't picture this soft stuff tasting or melting right by itself. We'll see how it comes out.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 12:18:06 AM by PizzaEater101 »

pizzapan