Author Topic: Starting A Mobile Pizza Business  (Read 2511 times)

Offline PizzaManic

Starting A Mobile Pizza Business
« on: January 25, 2010, 02:56:40 AM »
Hi All
I hope all are well.
I know there's alot of talk about Mobile WFO Pizza Business, but I chose to leave this in it's own topic.

I need some assistance and advice.

I am planning on starting my own mobile pizza business in South Africa. I am exploring different options for the oven e.g trailer oven, mobile trolley oven etc.
I felt that before rushing into things and being my impulsive self and purchasing an oven I should first do a cost analysis of the so called business as a whole taking into consideration every piece of equipment and logistical details that would be required to run such a business.

So far this is what I can think of.

1)   Wood Fired Oven
2)   Pizza Peelís
3)   Pizza Cutters

4)   Refrigerated Ingredient Storage Container
5)   Refrigerated Table Tops (For Stretching and Filling pizza)
6)   Refrigeration for Dough and Ingredients
*** I know that point 4,5 and 6 will be the biggest  challenge I will face as electricity is the major problem. How did you overcome this?

7)   Dough Mixer
8)   Pizza Boxes
9)   Ingredients (Flour, Sauces, Cheese, Toppings)
10)   Water Dispenser
11)   Wood
12)    Health Department License

Well, thatís all I can think of for now. I know I probably missed out some other vital equipment, so please feel free to add on.
As far as possible, I am trying to cost everything down to the last strand of cheese

Also in terms of my oven size, what would you suggest? The question I should actually ask is How Many Pizzaís Are You Able To Bake At Once.

As Iíve mentioned above, my main concern is refrigeration and purchasing mobile refrigerator would be an option but an expensive one, and one I would love to invest into once the business can afford it. We are flooded with Pizzerias so I will try not investing into too much of costly equipment until the business can afford it. I have one philosophy, Start Small With Intention to Grow.

Look forward to hearing from you guys.
Regards
PM

Offline veebo

Re: Starting A Mobile Pizza Business
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 02:24:02 PM »
did you start the business?

pizzapan