Author Topic: What A Beautiful Evening  (Read 411 times)

Offline Ev

• Supporting Member
What A Beautiful Evening
« on: November 21, 2012, 08:10:54 PM »
I've been working in the kitchen all day, getting ready for Thanksgiving and preparing for Fridays venture with the trailer.
 I was just out back firing the oven for tomorrows turkey roast, enjoying a cold beer and talking to the dogs. Nice and quite, and then I heard two hooty owls talking to each other back behind my yard. They're still at it. Very nice indeed! ;D

Offline breadstoneovens

• Vendor
    • Bread Stone Ovens
Re: What A Beautiful Evening
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 09:37:11 PM »
Very nice indeed. I had the same thing last summer where as I was cleaning my oven after a busy evening at home, I had a few fox calling each others. Was a little spooky but very cool.
WFO cooking is about passion.

Offline Moondance

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 11:21:02 PM »
Yes, the evening is ok, kinda cold, but never too cold to walk out on the covered porch and enjoy the city lights at a 30 mile distance.  Coyotes calling, i love that sound but glad they are at a distance.  Hooty owls are always here in the evening.  The wind through the woods starts quiet and gets loud.  Having  high winds this evening.  It's all good though.
Regina

"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul."
John Muir

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 11:26:04 PM »
Temperatures dipping down into the low 70's here.  Finished mowing part of the 5 ac., nice coastal breeze, a bit chilly when I drove the golf cart to get the mail.  Very beautiful sunset, I love this time of year, EXCEPT FOR THE TIME CHANGE.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

pizzapan