Author Topic: Hobart 60 Qt Price?  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Pizza De Puta

Hobart 60 Qt Price?
« on: September 02, 2012, 10:33:10 PM »
A restaurant near me went belly-up and they have a mixer for sale.  This Hobart 60 qt is only 7 months old according to the owner.  It comes with a cheese grater, meat grinder, bowl, dough hook, paddle and whisk.  He is firm at $4500.

What do some of you veterans think?
RE

Offline TXCraig1

Re: Hobart 60 Qt Price?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 10:55:22 PM »
Go to ebay and look at the completed auctions and see what they are selling for.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 01:22:40 AM »
A restaurant near me went belly-up and they have a mixer for sale.  This Hobart 60 qt is only 7 months old according to the owner.  It comes with a cheese grater, meat grinder, bowl, dough hook, paddle and whisk.  He is firm at $4500.

What do some of you veterans think?

The great thing about pizzerias and restaurants that have gone out of business is that all their equipment is worth about 10% of what the same piece of equipment would cost at a used equipment dealer. This guy has a lot of equipment he no longer wants or needs. Unless he's willing to hold on to all his equipment for a long time, he's gonna have to sell it all for a lot less than he wants to get for it.

Offer him $1,000.

Offline rcbaughn

• Supporting Member
  • Love my pup and pizza!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 01:26:04 AM »
http://www.ecrater.com/p/6177746/hobart-60-qt-commercial-pizza-bakery?gps=1

I would definitely try to work him down on that price, although those things new look like they are extremely expensive. A lot more than even $4500.
More is better..... and too much is just right.

Offline PizzaJerk

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 12:42:22 PM »
http://www.ecrater.com/p/6177746/hobart-60-qt-commercial-pizza-bakery?gps=1

I would definitely try to work him down on that price, although those things new look like they are extremely expensive. A lot more than even $4500.

Very true. If you can get it for even half that amount you'll have a great deal. The shop I am at has had an old H-600 for almost 30 years and we make about 600lbs of dough a week in it and still going strong. Not to mention grating cheese as well. You can expect it to last a lifetime, literally.
Good luck!

Anthony
May I glorify the Lord in all that I do.

pizzapan