Author Topic: NP Pizzeria Ownership  (Read 517 times)

Online Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
NP Pizzeria Ownership
« on: November 28, 2012, 12:11:05 PM »
This poll is specific for the NP pizza lovers who populate this forum. Forgive me if its already been asked/posted. I am wondering how many people have gone on from the avid home pizza baker to a professional NP pizzaiolo/restaurant owner. I'm not concerend about the nuts and bolts of HOW to run a successful pizza restaurant --- there are different forums for that.

I am wondering more about the SUSTAINABILITY of this love that I have for NP pizza. I think about NP every day, even as I go happily about the duties in my daily professional life. I just don't know if would enjoy BEING with pizza every day for the rest of my life. Would I get tired of seeing pizza? Eating it all the time? Pizza burnout, so to speak, over time? My gut says no, but I'm only 46 and have many pizza years in front of me.

So if anyone is interested in this or has had similar thoughts I'd be interested. Even more so hearing from people that have made the leap with results either good or bad.
I'm not wearing hockey pads!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: NP Pizzeria Ownership
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 09:11:12 PM »
I didn't see the
Kept your day job, but doing Mobile wood fired Pizza and still loving it 100% of the time you go out ?

But for now thats it. I am 1 decade older than you, and value the family time way too much to go full on brick and mortar /70+ hrs a week.
If I didn't have the sales job I do, or Iwas stuck behind a desk all day that may be differnet story also. but sick of it No way!
And yes,-  I would love to someday. If its still a craze in 10 years when my daughter wants nothing to do with me, then yes at that point I will leave the corporate BS and just go for it !
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 10:51:06 PM »
John, you're 56? I would have guessed 36. No sh^t. Wow.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 11:43:46 PM »
Correction 1/2 decade  my bad I was thinking serp said 40 ISH but yes over  the big 50 for sure
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Online Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 12:02:19 PM »
John,

I have greatly admired your boundless energy (and pics of your beautiful work) since being here. And although the mobile model is VERY VERY cool, its probably not what I would want to pursue for my own business (just like you might not want to open up a yogurt shop, etc etc.

Having said that, hearing that your enthusiasm for NP has not waned in 1 year of INTENSE involvement is great news! And exactly the type of info I was hoping to get.

Plus, what the hell do I know? Maybe a mobile WFO is EXACTLY what I'm looking for!

I am somewhat "hindered" in terms of my location in SE NC. We got the beach (pop. @ 100K) and then if you want to find any more population densities (other than hogs and turkeys --- God bless 'em) you gotta go about 2 hours.

Anyhow THANK YOU and great fortunes to you!
I'm not wearing hockey pads!

pizzapan