Author Topic: Building a pizza trailer...  (Read 2295 times)

Offline veebo

Building a pizza trailer...
« on: December 06, 2012, 12:09:52 PM »
Upon the new year, my wife and I will start the process of creating a mobile wood-fired business.  The big concern, among other things, is the trailer.  Has anyone out there been involved in the building of one of these?  The following things will be installed on the trailer (weights are approximate):

-I'm thinking the Forno Bravo Giardino 70 (I know it's small, but I can still cook 2 pizzas, it has a one piece dome, relatively light, and relatively inexpensive)-450lbs.
-Structure to support oven (fabricated support, concrete slab [do I have to have this, or just a thick sheet of metal?])-??? lbs.
-Two door pizza prep cooler-250 lbs.
-Handwashing station, water-200 lbs.???
-Food, gear, wood, stuff-250lbs.
-Generator-60 lbs.

-Have I missed anything?
-Do the weights sound accurate for those that have gone through this process?
-Could I get away with using a single axle utility trailer?
-Most are leaf springs rated at 3500 lbs....is that sufficient?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 12:36:07 PM by veebo »

Offline shuboyje

Re: Building a pizza trailer...
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 12:57:41 PM »
In my opinion the Giardino 70 is too small for a successful commercial business.  Hopefully some of the mobile operators who are active here chime in, but I think you will want the capacity to do at least 3 pies at a time.  Even if you start off with small evens and one pie at a time will work do you really want to go to all the effort of building this trailer and have no room to grow?
-Jeff

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 01:09:06 PM »
veebo,
The answers to all your questions are out there in this site. I suggest you show at least a minimal effort in using the search function, once you locate a thread discussing one of your questions I know you will then discover someone there that will be happy to help you with additional concerns.Just trying to help you...one stop shopping rarely gets addressed. Interaction will get you better results.  :)
Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline breadstoneovens

• Vendor
    • Bread Stone Ovens
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 09:12:17 PM »
You should really consider a bigger oven as 27" is too small, unless you want to stick to parties of 25 people or less.
Make sure you have a bracing system for your oven so it doesn't shift around on the support that you choose.
Let me know if you need design ideas and pictures since I already use such system for the FGM ovens.

Antoine
WFO cooking is about passion.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 10:41:04 PM »
You can get by or start with a 2stone doing just 1 at a time small investment see if you like it ? Its a lot of work ! But if its a passion as it is for me, worth ever pie. 40" minimum converted landscap trailers just dont cut it in my opinion. You can search ebay and craigs list if the budget is  restricted  if you dont put at least $10K in even a self build   better reconsider. Nice fancy smancy can runn up as much as $30K for a 48" oven on a  custom dual axle trailer Guess which one is more ?? (hint pic 3 was listed here ithink for $7?) I started last year in the mobile bus. and have  an extensive library of mobile units from A to AH ! Would be glad to help with ?
John
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 10:55:00 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 12:00:37 AM »
veebo,
If you and your wife are seriously ready to take the plunge, all you need do is research John Conk and Larry Zzaman threads. That is it. Both of these gentlemen are simply freak'in awesome in respect to how much they will give to you, for FREE!!, jus in hopes to see you succeed.   Where the heck do we see that now a days... ???  It's awe inspiring man, at least for me it is....
Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"