Author Topic: New Cookbook - Passionate About Pizza: Making Great Homemade Pizza  (Read 7336 times)

Offline pizzaman383

• Passionate About Pizza Cookbook
    • Passionate About Pizza Blog
I began making pizza soon after I got married (now 20 years ago).  Like many of you, I began trying to make pizza similar to what I ate growing up.  In the beginning, I focused on three different styles of pizza to duplicate the tastes of my youth.  After a while, I was able to duplicate and even improve on the New York-style pizza I remembered.  I made and served many hundreds of pizzas to my family and friends over the years.  My pizzas became more and more consistent and I kept getting rave reviews; that is, when they were not begging me to make something other than pizza!  Many of my friends said, "You should open a pizzeria!"  Others said, "Can you teach me to make pizza like that?"

The first really good pizza cookbook I found was Evelyne Slomon's "The Pizza Book".  Over the years I have purchased 15 or so pizza cookbooks and I've read many others.  I found that many of the pizza cookbooks give terse, short descriptions that leave much room for error and do not help the beginning pizza baker enough to be successful in their first few pizzas.  I think this makes it somewhat difficult for a neophyte to become comfortable making pizza before they decide that it's just not worth the bother. 

I decided to write a book to capture the techniques that I had learned and developed to help others make great pizza, too.  My book takes a different approach from any pizza cookbook I have seen and I think it will make a good addition to the pizza cookbook world. 

I have just self-published a cookbook entitled "Passionate About Pizza: Making Great Homemade Pizza".  I printed a short 100 book print run at the end of 2008.  The book was extensively proofread, copy edited by a professional (twice, in fact), and read/smoothed many times.  I am calling this my Friends and Family edition because those may be the only people that will be interested enough to buy one!  I have sold 33 copies in three months so it has been reasonably well received.

You can find more information about my book at: Passionate About Pizza Cookbook.  It is available as a paperback book or an ebook.  The cost of the paperback is high due to the high quality paper and small print quantity.  The ebook is priced much lower.

My cookbook has been reviewed by the Pizzameister who says "I Never Met a Pizza Cookbook I Didn't Buy".  He has reviewed 100 pizza cookbooks (yes, that number is correct!) and he rated my book five stars and number one on his list!  You can see his review at Pizzameister Reviews Passionate About Pizza.

I would be glad to take constructive criticism so that I can make the next version even better.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 09:17:22 AM by pizzaman383 »
Author - Passionate About Pizza: Making Great Homemade Pizza

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
Re: New Cookbook - Passionate About Pizza: Making Great Homemade Pizza
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 08:26:51 AM »
He has reviewed 100 pizza cookbooks (yes, that number is correct!) and he rated it five stars and number one on his list! 

pizzaman383,

Sounds like an interesting book. Good luck with it!

I was fascinated to visit the site listing pizza cookbooks. I thought I had a good handle on all of the pizza cookbooks out there, but there are many on the list I have never heard of. It is a stretch to say they are all "pizza cookbooks". A few of the books he included on the list are baking or Italian cookbooks that have a recipe or two for pizzas. None the less, I think I may hunt a few of them down.

Bill/SFNM
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 08:29:00 AM by Bill/SFNM »

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 08:37:42 AM »
I agree with Bill,
WOW so many books! I was in Borders yesterday and saw a few others that also look great and did not make this list.
What a topic and what a vast amount of interest and info/books. Makes me feel a it more normal with my addiction/passion  :)
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline pizzaman383

• Passionate About Pizza Cookbook
    • Passionate About Pizza Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 08:31:05 PM »
Passionate About Pizza is now available on Amazon.  The first printing sold out entirely and I just received a second printing.

Check it out at http://www.amazon.com/dp/0615258603/?tag=pizzamaking-20
Author - Passionate About Pizza: Making Great Homemade Pizza

pizzapan