Author Topic: World traveling pizza newbie....  (Read 164 times)

Offline Theresa Pizza

World traveling pizza newbie....
« on: December 15, 2012, 10:26:05 AM »
Hi all!

I'm so excited about this group!! I'm originally from NYC, moved to San Francisco 12 years ago, quit my corporate gig, started traveling around the world for a year and I ended up in Paris attending Le Cordon Bleu for culinary and pastry. Really enjoyed the experience but I'm next month I'm going to spend a month in Naples, attend a pizza school... do a stage (internship)... and then head to the midwest to be with the love of my life and open a pizzeria.

Any and all advice is highly sought after..(not relationship... just pizza! ;-)
If anyone has any resources on getting started in the business, please let me know.

Thanks everyone!
Theresa

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: World traveling pizza newbie....
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 10:34:59 AM »
If anyone has any resources on getting started in the business, please let me know.

Theresa,

Welcome to the forum.

If you go over to the PMQ Think Tank, which is a forum that mainly professionals visit, at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewforum.php?f=6, you will see a thread entitled "PMQ's Think Tank FAQ List". That thread isn't updated but it does contain a lot of information that may be useful to you. In due course, you may also want to register at that forum so that you can pose your questions there. That forum isn't nearly as active as it once was but there are still some good core members who post on a fairly regular basis. Some of our former members on this forum went on to become professionals and often post at the PMQTT. I should mention, however, that the PMQTT is not strong on the Neapolitan style.

Good luck.

Peter

Offline Theresa Pizza

Re: World traveling pizza newbie....
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 10:36:40 AM »
Peter,

Great information! Thank you for your super quick response!

Theresa

pizzapan