Author Topic: Shrimp and Blue crab  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Boatman2

Shrimp and Blue crab
« on: December 17, 2012, 09:59:48 AM »
I tried this pie with red sauce it was good, but I think I like it better with white sauce. This time dough came out of the freezer in a glad bowl, floated it in warm water for 30min. then RT while I turn on the LBE 1/4 power put the pie on at 625 cooked at 3:00min. at 1/4 power. Start to finish less then a hour !! Well that blows the %$# out of my theory of re-balling and S/F for 3 or 4 hours at room temp to get more rim rise. Learning something everytime!!!

Bob

Offline CanadianGeorge

Re: Shrimp and Blue crab
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 09:35:15 AM »
Looks very good!  I have family visiting from Nova Scotia next week, they usually bring some fresh seafood - I wonder if scallops would work on a pizza?

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 09:40:35 AM »
Looks very good!  I have family visiting from Nova Scotia next week, they usually bring some fresh seafood - I wonder if scallops would work on a pizza?

They would, but you may want to add them post-bake.  They're tough little suckers when overdone.
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 10:57:28 PM »
Looks very good!  I have family visiting from Nova Scotia next week, they usually bring some fresh seafood - I wonder if scallops would work on a pizza?
If you are baking at Bob's temps. I would toss the scallops in olive oil(and maybe 'lil fresh tyme)and place those quartered bad boys right on top.
For me, a hot red pepper flake "red" sauce would make my day but I think you wouldn't go wrong with a nice(not too oily) pesto sauce. If you go that route...sliced and quartered fresh lemon(rind an all)addition might just bring the good folks into your way of think'in... 8)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline PizzaDiFiore

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 09:02:39 PM »
How about this...

Instead of a red sauce, put down a base of whole milk Ricotta.  A touch of fresh mozz, the crab and shrimp, sea salt, black pepper, evoo, maybe a pich of Old Bay or smoked paprika!

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 09:33:50 PM »
How about this...

Instead of a red sauce, put down a base of whole milk Ricotta.  A touch of fresh mozz, the crab and shrimp, sea salt, black pepper, evoo, maybe a pich of Old Bay or smoked paprika!

Sounds killer PD....but can we add a few ultra thin lemon slices?  :D
btw, who's gonna cook this baby once we finally decide on the toppings?  :-D
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline PizzaDiFiore

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 10:00:43 PM »
Yeah!  Lemon slices!  Have to be paper thin, or, even better...LEMON CONFIT!!!!!