Author Topic: New to the forum  (Read 143 times)

Offline Bob c

New to the forum
« on: December 17, 2012, 01:06:37 PM »
Hi, my name is Bob I live in Northern NJ. I love to cook for my family, especially pizza. I have loved pizza ever since I was a child. I have had some amazing pizza and I have had some bad pizza. Some of the best pizza I have had has been brick oven fired thin crust pizza. I enjoy cooking pizza out on my 22 inch Weber grill with a pizza insert, I also use charcoal and hardwood to get that brick oven flavor. My crusts have been ok, but I feel I am missing something to get that great pizza crust taste. I was having difficulties finding the right pizza sauce but just recently I found a recipe for grandmas pie, it is a thin crust pizza pressed into a pan with generous amounts of olive oil on bottom. Fresh whole San Mariano tomatoes drained and then cooked with lots of chopped garlic, olive oil, red pepper flakes, and oregano, keep the tomatoes kind of chunky. I spread some shredded mozzarella and then layer fresh mozzarella in spots then dollop tomatoes in between fresh mozzarella. Sprinkle with fresh Parmesan cheese and drizzle little olive oil, I then cook at 550 oven. So far this has been the most tasty pizza I have made. Thin crust and crispy. Can't wait to try on the weber... Looking forward to some good ideas.