Author Topic: hi everybody.  (Read 105 times)

Offline attgig

hi everybody.
« on: December 17, 2012, 06:00:40 PM »
Pizza lover, and have tried making pizza in the past with varying amounts of success.  Just came here to say hi, and ask a question.... (hopefully this is where I do it)...

the latest go-round of pizza making led me to using dhorst's dough recipe on slice (slice/archives/2010/04/pizza-obsessives-diana-horst-aka-dhorst.html).  it was by far the wettest dough that I had ever used, but it was pretty yummy.

But the issue that I DID have though was that the dough just wasn't cooked through all the way.  I have a gas oven, that I cranked up to the highest setting for about 1/2 hour before throwing a pie in.  The outside and top seemed cooked through, and so I slide the pie out, but when i bite in, the dough is cooked on the bottom but still a bit undercooked closer to the sauce and cheese.  Is there a way to fix this?  the sauce and cheese were straight out of the fridge, so i do wonder if the temperature of the sauce & cheese caused the issue?  Or should I have made the dough even thinner (being a rookie, I tried to make it pretty thin, but started getting holes, so had to settle for a semi-thin crust).

anyways, if anyone has any tips on this issue, would be greatly appreciated.  if it belongs somewhere else, let me know, and I'll post it there.

thanks.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: hi everybody.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 06:22:57 PM »
attgig,

Welcome to the forum.

Since many members do not read posts of new members, you may want to repost in the General Pizza Making board.

Peter