Author Topic: Which oven for truck  (Read 774 times)

Offline Ruthie

Which oven for truck
« on: December 18, 2012, 05:12:36 AM »
As a newcomer setting up a gourmet pizza truck I am more than a little concerned about which oven to buy!
Ideally I am hoping to make a pie with about a half inch crust which has a little crispiness and chewy bite whilst a thinnish centre(but not so thin as to be soggy).
I am aiming for around 60 - 70 pizzas an hour.
What would be an ideal oven without having to build a monster truck like Del Popolo?
Can anyone help me?

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: Which oven for truck
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 09:58:22 AM »
Hello Ruthie  ,
 where are you located ? are you interested in a Gas deck oven or Wood Fired oven. By the description of what you are looking to create 1/2 inch thick, not soggy, I may recommend a gas oven. there is one for sale locally if you want the info let me know
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline breadstoneovens

• Vendor
    • Bread Stone Ovens
Re: Which oven for truck
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 12:36:11 PM »
Hi Ruthie,

I have many wood fired oven option from standards round oven to oval long or lateral if your space is limited. All of the larger ovens are ideal for the type of volume you are describing. I have some references who selected an FGM oven for the superior quality and also the built in bracing system so the oven doesn't shift around when you drive. I could send you their info so you can talk to them on their selection and experience with the oven.
If you wanted we can discuss that through private message.

Antoine
WFO cooking is about passion.

pizzapan