Author Topic: Anyone attended the Pizza EXPO in Las Vegas???  (Read 4714 times)

Offline CopperTop

• La cucina e per passione
    • Confessions of a Pizza Stalker
Re: Anyone attended the Pizza EXPO in Las Vegas???
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 06:47:15 PM »
Does anyone know of a promo code to use?  I'm assuming you might get a break in the cost to get in.

Anyone been to Vegas to recommend a decent hotel to stay in?

I'm trying to sign up and get more info for the Tom Gemignano's workshop...but can't seem to locate it (again) on the website!!

Will be happy to share information, pics, videos from a home baker perspective. :chef:

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 07:07:55 PM »
Does anyone know of a promo code to use?  I'm assuming you might get a break in the cost to get in.

Anyone been to Vegas to recommend a decent hotel to stay in?

I'm trying to sign up and get more info for the Tom Gemignano's workshop...but can't seem to locate it (again) on the website!!

Will be happy to share information, pics, videos from a home baker perspective. :chef:

Here from the web site:

Making Pizzas With Tony Gemignani
Venue: Conventional Center  
Room: Show Floor Demo Area  
Making Dough and Starters: Workshop participants will learn how to make each style of dough. They’ll be taught a starter for sourdough and a preferment for the poolish dough process—and they’ll gain indispensable knowledge about the properties of each dough ingredient. Balling, storing and staging will also be demonstrated and discussed. Many attendees will be able to participate hands-on. Master of all things pizza Tony Gemignani returns for a third year of this hands-on tutorial. An 11-time World Pizza Champion, he owns Tony’s Pizza Napoletana in San Francisco and was the first ever to win both the acrobatic and baking titles at Italy’s pizza championships. A master-certified instructor trained at the Scuola Pizzaioli in Caorle, Italy, Tony opened the International School of Pizza in San Francisco in 2009, where he educates and certifies pizza makers from around the world in styles from Italy and the U.S. A ticket is required for admittance. Tony will teach Neapolitan, New York, Sicilian and multi-grain organic dough recipes.  

If you sign up online there are options for also reserving space in Tony's and others workshops.

There is a list of hotels on the web site. Prices are discounted. We booked at the Monte Carlo based on relatives who stayed there last year and liked it and price.

Mark

« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 07:09:53 PM by mkevenson »
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 12:50:24 AM »
I would definitely recommend using hotwire to book. Great discounts and you can actually figure out exactly which hotel you will be staying in before buying by using the amenities as a guide. I think hotwire was basically designed for vegas.

Offline CopperTop

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 02:36:18 PM »
search 1st then post helps everyone find stuff I did post about it last year http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,18250.0.html , thats what my friend weemis was sayin and I do consider him a professional as well, and someone i would loveto see there. Last year I went to 2 Tony seminars even spoke with him a bit after and also witness his award winning tre forni  pizza ! great guy. Come on out plenty of room in Vegas !
John

John,
Thanks for the great pictures you took in 2012.  Looks like you had an amazing time!!   I am interested in taking his workshops -...wonder if you noticed how many people attend the workshops - is it strictly demo or hands-on?  What did you think of his seminars? Appreciate your feedback.

Offline CopperTop

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 02:40:22 PM »

Making Dough and Starters: Workshop participants will learn how to make each style of dough. They’ll be taught a starter for sourdough and a preferment for the poolish dough process—and they’ll gain indispensable knowledge about the properties of each dough ingredient. Balling, storing and staging will also be demonstrated and discussed. Many attendees will be able to participate hands-on. Master of all things pizza Tony Gemignani returns for a third year of this hands-on tutorial. An 11-time World Pizza Champion, he owns Tony’s Pizza Napoletana in San Francisco and was the first ever to win both the acrobatic and baking titles at Italy’s pizza championships. A master-certified instructor trained at the Scuola Pizzaioli in Caorle, Italy, Tony opened the International School of Pizza in San Francisco in 2009, where he educates and certifies pizza makers from around the world in styles from Italy and the U.S. A ticket is required for admittance. Tony will teach Neapolitan, New York, Sicilian and multi-grain organic dough recipes.  

If you sign up online there are options for also reserving space in Tony's and others workshops.

There is a list of hotels on the web site. Prices are discounted. We booked at the Monte Carlo based on relatives who stayed there last year and liked it and price.

Mark-thanks for the info-answered my questions! wonder if they allow videos? So much info to absorb that I need to take short videos for later..

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 11:18:37 PM »
All The shows and demos on the floor are free, including the tony G. ( at least last year ) The seminars have a fee some were free last year  depending on duration and topic that appear to be a charge this year. I also like the monte carlo dicount was good as well you wan to be at a hotel that is included in the expo bus shuttle program. Buses provided by expo  zip you back and forth every 15Min free! huge savings and fun to meet other pizza people on the bus. Also  the Beer and Bull BS sessions end of day are free and great. Lets all try to  hook up at some point this year for at least a quick hello ? I am planning tues and wed. minimum.
john
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline CopperTop

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2013, 10:49:39 PM »
All The shows and demos on the floor are free, including the tony G. ( at least last year ) The seminars have a fee some were free last year  depending on duration and topic that appear to be a charge this year. I also like the monte carlo dicount was good as well you wan to be at a hotel that is included in the expo bus shuttle program. Buses provided by expo  zip you back and forth every 15Min free! huge savings and fun to meet other pizza people on the bus. Also  the Beer and Bull BS sessions end of day are free and great. Lets all try to  hook up at some point this year for at least a quick hello ? I am planning tues and wed. minimum.
john

Would be fun see you and Larry.  Planning on getting together with Scott Weiner (Scott's Pizza Tour of NYC) on Wednesday, I think, for a pizza slice.  Looking forward to Tony G.'s 2-day workshop (fees this year). I signed up for a hotel reservation through the Expo website, assuming the bus shuttle is included. 

Sharlene

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2013, 12:16:29 AM »
Monte Carlo. ?  Yes the buses run all day every 15 min. Its  fun talking pizza on the ride and evern more fun after the beer and bull sessions .  beats those expensive crazy taxis! I'll be the big blonde dude and Larry a dead give away with his Napoli shirt on I am sure  ;)
Or maybe he is bringing us Bella fiame shirts ?

Offline CopperTop

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2013, 12:29:06 AM »
Bellagio.  I think it's close by, but probably not close enough to walk. If he does bring us shirts, I hope he will have extra large ones ( to go with my garter pants - so I can eat a lot of pizza!!) I'll be the Asian woman with the camera. LOL.  ( Hawaiian red/white floral camera strap).

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2013, 10:50:56 AM »
Stoked ! Almost here. Looking forward to meeting ya'll. Me, old guy, white straw hat, Tshirt with "MARK'S KITCHEN" logo on front. 1 st event Tue open address, will hang TUe and Wed 1/2 days and Wed night awards for sure. Since my wife is not attending  must enjoy some of the sites with her, I mean , resue her from the shopping!

Mark

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2013, 11:19:59 AM »
Me, old guy...

Mark,

Haven't you been keeping up with the most recent research on this topic: http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-exchange/advances-human-mortality-72-30-174135745.html:-D

Peter

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2013, 07:31:38 PM »
Haven't been keeping up, I guess, but dang, them little hairs keep growin' out my ears! >:(

Mark

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2013, 09:01:40 PM »
Unfortunately, my work schedule will not allow me to attend the seminar in Vegas this year. I hope that those of you that do, will be willing to share some dough and sauce recipes with the rest of us. Thanks.

TomN
PS
Have fun at the show

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2013, 09:50:43 PM »
 dear pm.comers.yes, i will be the short good looking Italian guy standing next to a big ugly blond man :-D.we all need to try the local pies pizza metro, setabello's sound good. otto,is in one of the hotels. getting in midnight monday. going to tonys workshop,Tuesday and Wednesday and want to hang out in the neapolitan section.  i will bring shirts pm sizes.remember to up size since we will be eating a lot!!!!!possibly a little alcohol as well, this should be fun!!!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2013, 12:53:12 AM »
So I am dying my hair black ! :-D
cosmopolitan was recommended right ?
I hope L Artigiano  is at the  show! http://www.facebook.com/#!/LartigianoLV he is trying They have the small Stefano in a box truck sweet rig and Sweet looking pizza
  Oh -  XL onsunday please XXL on Monday
j

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2013, 01:17:57 PM »
 one of my suppliers has a booth at the show and invited me to attend their cocktail party i told him my group is 6 or seven in size.he invited anyone in the group to attend pm first and last names so i can get that registered with him .the national company is belisimo foods.it may be a fun thing for our group to do. if nothing else it can't hurt to throw our names in.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2013, 11:55:18 PM »
Did someone say Party ?? Umm OK !  ;D

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2013, 12:22:09 AM »
Can those of you attending the EXPO please post some dough and sauce recipes. It would also be cool to see some photos as well. Thanks.

TomN

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2013, 05:44:23 PM »
Tom you have seen my " Flirting with Fire" thread Right ?
I think there are a few recipies on there ? http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,14533.msg144889.html#msg144889
John
8 days 6 Hrs 13 minutes !
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 05:46:46 PM by JConk007 »

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2013, 12:26:45 PM »
So I wonder if there is a way to start a list of PM.com members attending the PE.. In a previous life I was a member of a forum that would allow such a list to be made in the same post of the same thread. Each member would add their name and submit, nice running list. Easier than all of us re reading this entire post and writing a list. Also, anyone want to suggest a meeting place and time? I am unfamiliar with Vegas and everyone's schedules I am sure are variable, but it would be great for all to be able to say howdy, mix a face with a name and have a brew.

Looks like Me, John, Larry and (Copper Top) ,sharlene & kevin and of course Tom Lehmann.
Mark
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 11:15:16 AM by mkevenson »

pizzapan