Author Topic: Anyone attended the Pizza EXPO in Las Vegas???  (Read 4565 times)

Offline CopperTop

• La cucina e per passione
    • Confessions of a Pizza Stalker
Re: Anyone attended the Pizza EXPO in Las Vegas???
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2013, 10:42:54 PM »

Looks like Me, John, Larry and Copper Top (sorry, no name found), of course Tom

Mark

Copper Top - I'm Sharlene, new to the forum....First time to expo.  Heading out with husband on Sunday- Thurs.  I signed up for 2 day workshop with Tony G.  Main goal is to gain as much knowledge about pizza - meeting pizza makers, experts, owners, etc... And would be fun to have a pizza slice (or three) with the PM gang.  ---sharlene & kevin

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2013, 11:16:13 AM »
Copper Top - I'm Sharlene, new to the forum....First time to expo.  Heading out with husband on Sunday- Thurs.  I signed up for 2 day workshop with Tony G.  Main goal is to gain as much knowledge about pizza - meeting pizza makers, experts, owners, etc... And would be fun to have a pizza slice (or three) with the PM gang.  ---sharlene & kevin

Thanks , Sharon. Added your name to the list.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2013, 12:48:59 PM »
 I'm attending with a fellow wood fired enthusiast aurturo gallo he is first generation Neapolitan and knows his pizza. he cooks at all of my mobile events i am unable to work because of conflicts. he spends a lot of time on this site but has not registered yet. how are we going to know each other? i will recognize sharlene and am also attending tonys workshops.

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2013, 02:49:50 PM »
I'm attending with a fellow wood fired enthusiast aurturo gallo he is first generation Neapolitan and knows his pizza. he cooks at all of my mobile events i am unable to work because of conflicts. he spends a lot of time on this site but has not registered yet. how are we going to know each other? i will recognize sharlene and am also attending tonys workshops.

This is why I thought a brief meeting place would be cool, so far no suggestions. I have not been before but from the pics it looks like it can get pretty crowded at the expo.  I wonder if everyone is planning on the finals and awards on Wed evening, I am.
Mark

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2013, 03:29:47 PM »
Maybe you guys could exchange cell #'s so ya can locate each other inside the venue...please remember to take lots of pics!   :)
Mark, maybe this?
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2013, 03:52:04 PM »
Mark Theres only 1 way in!  so meeting by the entrance is a good option. Larry and Sharlene are taking the Tony G course tues and wed. ends at 10 am we can kidnap them or meet there @10   I will attend the Keynote speaker tues and wed. then off to a seminar til 10when show opens!
you have my cel.
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2013, 03:55:23 PM »
Mark Theres only 1 way in!  so meeting by the entrance is a good option. Larry and Sharlene are taking the Tony G course tues and wed. ends at 10 am we can kidnap them or meet there @10   I will attend the Keynote speaker tues and wed. then off to a seminar til 10when show opens!
you have my cel.
John

Sounds good, 10AM Tue at the door, I'll be in my PINK dress HA HA HA, I don't even own a PINK dress!!!!!!

Mark

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2013, 04:05:34 PM »
not a good option there by the entrance. There are a few 1000 people  :o standing there waiting to get in at the entrance at he opening of the show  not like you can hang around waiting for your buddies by the door you will be hearded thru !  we will work it out some how who else is going ?  some very popular big display booths and the Gold Coast Neapolitan oven area is always a good option, or demostration stage, or pizza games, or ..... you get the idea onthe  fly call , locate , and conquer!
J

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2013, 04:29:39 PM »
not a good option there by the entrance. There are a few 1000 people  :o standing there waiting to get in at the entrance at he opening of the show  not like you can hang around waiting for your buddies by the door you will be hearded thru !  we will work it out some how who else is going ?  some very popular big display booths and the Gold Coast Neapolitan oven area is always a good option, or demostration stage, or pizza games, or ..... you get the idea onthe  fly call , locate , and conquer!
J

John, was it you that wrote in reply #45"Mark Theres only 1 way in!  so meeting by the entrance is a good option. "

I must have misread.

Looks like Me, John, Larry and (Copper Top) ,sharlene & kevin and of course Tom Lehmann.

See you at the CASBAAAh

Mark

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2013, 09:26:51 PM »
yep I did but may have meant grab them at  the Tony seminar at 10 am I forget ?? busy day ! I also went to meet someone tonight and meeting is scheduled for wednsday  ???  duh , just a little too much goin on  right now sorry Mark   but it was the 10 am thing that threw caused me to retract my statement  11:30 just inside the entry would be perfect yes.
ciao

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2013, 10:06:07 PM »
yep I did but may have meant grab them at  the Tony seminar at 10 am I forget ?? busy day ! I also went to meet someone tonight and meeting is scheduled for wednsday  ???  duh , just a little too much goin on  right now sorry Mark   but it was the 10 am thing that threw caused me to retract my statement  11:30 just inside the entry would be perfect yes.
ciao
Move'in too fast fo da kid.....you are a riot Mr.C !!   ;D
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2013, 02:38:45 PM »
Can anyone who attend the Pizza EXPO this year give some feedback on Tony G.'s dough making seminar? The flyer said that he was going to show how to make 4 kinds of pizza dough. How was the class?

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2013, 04:11:16 PM »
 going to attend will take notes

Offline CopperTop

• La cucina e per passione
    • Confessions of a Pizza Stalker
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2013, 06:49:24 PM »
plan to take pictures and/or short videos...

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2013, 02:16:12 PM »
A  big THANK YOU to all who will be posting notes or video from the class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D