Author Topic: Scientists: Global Warming Threatens Wheat Crops  (Read 3818 times)

Offline TXCraig1

Re: Scientists: Global Warming Threatens Wheat Crops
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2012, 06:40:54 PM »
You have no clue how much I've watched this issue, or what sources I use.  (Likewise, I could presumptively tell you to stop reading Anthony Watts blog entries.)  I'm not here to debate AGW or sway anyone.  You've obviously made up your mind.  I haven't, but I do know it's disingenuous to paint a whole research community with a broad brush of dishonesty.  Any discussion of AGW that involves discussing politics, religion, jobs, costs, or the motives of others isn't worth having.

Disingenuous? This from the person who writes "I don't pretend to know the science behind it all, but I'll put my trust in the people with the education, knowledge, and dedication to collect and analyze the data," and then tries to imply he has a depth of knowledge on the subject and that others may not?

I can assure you I'm not being disingenuous. I believe what I wrote wholeheartedly and can back it up. Are there some good, honest, climate scientists, yes, of course. However, for many of the highest profile, the case for total disregard for the scientific method, if not outright scientific fraud, is prima facie.

Pizza is not bread.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2012, 07:00:04 PM »
radioartisan,
With all due respect sir....you seem to have a  propensity towards the use of "hot button" words or phrases.(disingenuous, sway, etc.) And in my experience, things such as this usually lead to confusion or misconceptions....some people use these tactics as (weak) tools.

edit:put up or shut up...jus kidd'in!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 07:03:42 PM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline radioartisan

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2012, 08:40:15 PM »
radioartisan,
With all due respect sir....you seem to have a  propensity towards the use of "hot button" words or phrases.(disingenuous, sway, etc.) And in my experience, things such as this usually lead to confusion or misconceptions....some people use these tactics as (weak) tools.

You're right.  "Disingenuous" was a poor choice of words on my part.  I meant "wrong".  Sorry for the confusion.   ;D

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2012, 08:46:26 PM »
You're right.  "Disingenuous" was a poor choice of words on my part.  I meant "wrong".  Sorry for the confusion.   ;D

:-D  Now that's more like it.....tell it like it is brother!  ;)   Jus a 'lil pizza site and we try'in to have us a 'lil fun, that's all.... 8)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline ThatsAmore

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2012, 07:42:14 PM »
Censoring The Decrease in Global Temperatures
  8)
Who put that pie in my eye ?

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2012, 03:16:50 AM »
Frank & Ernest :-D
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!