Author Topic: Four Grand Mere mobile wood fired ovens  (Read 10120 times)

Offline breadstoneovens

• Vendor
    • Bread Stone Ovens
Four Grand Mere mobile wood fired ovens
« on: December 19, 2012, 09:57:03 PM »
After many years working with Four Grand Mere wood fired oven, I will be now mounted these great ovens on trailers.
First I would like to thank this forum and more importantly John from Flirting with Fire who have provided me some great insight and ideas.

After much planning and debating, about 8 weeks ago I ordered 2 custom trailers with front and back double barn doors, 4 drop jacks, all powder coated, a custom designed platform to support the oven, storage under the oven and many important features.
- The first one is single axle 6'x6' trailer and will be mounted with the FGM 1030 C.
- The second one is double axle with electric breaks 6'x10' trailer and will be mounted with the FGM 1500 Lateral Bricked dome.

I am very excited to offer such beautiful ovens on the go and hope to spread the word on the quality, consistency and most important baking qualities of these ovens. FGM has been building mobile WFO overseas for almost 35 years in all shapes and sizes with fantastic results and a great reputation.
I chose the 1030 C a 40" inner diameter oven, to begin with,  as it is a fantastic WFO for most catering application but I will be offering any of the FGM oven to be mounted on any size trailer with many options to choose form.

The assembly of the 1030 will be starting tomorrow and will be posting some pictures as thing progress.

Here are a few pictures of the trailers.

Should any one have some question or comments, feel free to reply to this thread or contact me or even John.

Antoine

WFO cooking is about passion.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: Four Grand Mere mobile wood fired ovens
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 10:34:56 PM »
Thanks for the Cudos Antione!
Cant wait !! For those who don't know, the 1030 is a touch lighter for a trailer package and has a great steel wrap system around the bottom that will hold the oven together and in place. These things take a beating. just go over the tapan zee bridge and count the expansion joints think it 186 hard hits in a mile or 2 man the roads around here *@#$! 
I am sure these FGM Mobile will be a success and there is  plenty of room in the emerging mobile WFO business for a quality, reasonable mobile that I feel can make a great pizza, even Neapolitan with a little effort.
Great Stuff ! See you soon !
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline breadstoneovens

• Vendor
    • Bread Stone Ovens
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 09:29:52 PM »
Today with a couple of helper, we put the floor insulation for the oven, 3" of ceramic fiber board, 2" would have been enough but I wanted to make sure I go the extra mile.
Then we assembled the oven over the insulation. The floor is two pieces and the dome 3 pieces plus the bricked arch.
To close the day we installed the metal bracing system.

So far it has been a breeze and fairly quick, assembled 3 ovens in just 4 hours, thanks to the very precise engineering of the ovens.
Tomorrow we will insulate the dome and poor the vermiculite / cement mix to finish the dome.

Offline ForrestM

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 10:07:20 PM »
Looking good!

Offline landras

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 05:59:13 PM »
Very nice, thanks for posting your progress. Love the fact you guys are that open.
John I assume this is the oven/trailer you were talking about. Looks very good. Let me know when you know the price.
nico 

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 06:13:21 PM »
Yes sir,
 Thats the  beauty  custom Trailer ,and great oven perect together.
John
Lookin good Antione!

Offline scott123

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 06:46:31 PM »
Antoine, it looks like you're mortaring the oven to the floor.  Are you sure you want to do that?  With the weight of the oven, it's not like it's going to get jostled out of place on bumpy roads and, from what I've read, mortared floors could introduce potential expansion issues. Are mortared floors standard for mobile setups?

How far is the mouth from the edge of the trailer? It's hard to tell from the photo, but it seems like quite a distance.  Are you adding a work area in front?  If, given the choice between a work area and shorter tools, my shoulders and back are choosing shorter tools every time.

If either the mortaring or the mouth to trailer edge distance are John's ideas, then I defer to his far greater experience and wisdom in these matters, but if they aren't, I'm curious as to your reasoning.

Offline breadstoneovens

• Vendor
    • Bread Stone Ovens
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 09:00:43 PM »

Hi Scott, no, no mortar for the floor of the oven. The oven floor is placed directly on the insulation. As you said using mortar would prevent the floor from expending and retracting properly. That it is on a trailer or on a stand I recommend to never use mortar between floor and insulation.

That said despite the wait it is important to brace the oven to the trailer to ensure it won't move on a bumpy road and very importantly if there was to be an accident.

There is 12" space between the oven and the end of the trailer to accommodate a small work space. Often when you load the pizza, you may need to set it down or want to keep something accessible. I use tools that are right around 60" and it keeps the often very manageable.
Finely, yes, when asked John said he would prefer having a small shelf in front of the oven  ;)

Antoine

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 08:55:24 AM »
YES! You absolutley need a shelf. the biggest builder of Mobiles The Fire Within has a shelf on very oven for a reason. I dont have one :'(  but I didnt know any better. I now feel its essential and I do have some mobile experience now and  been doing it for 2 years. Scott, I am  still waiting for you to come help me out ! you will see when cooking at 900 degrees and more than 1 pretty pizza at a time you need room pull it out rest, turn, catch up, launch another... its an inintricate dance ! When you are slinging around 50 pizzas in 1 1/2hrs. Every time you turn around for 10 seconds and look for a place to put something you run the chance of a dark (Burnt) side which I am not a fan of serving.  When you are roasting Garlic veggies, keeping the nutella warm, plates.... you need that space! The oven is only 42" deep + hearth so there is no back issues... Ideally the oven and pizziaolo are working hard together and someone is grabbing the finished pie from the front shelf to cut and serve so you can focus on whats going on in there. Just my rookie $.02 These guys below are going to have the back issues for sure ???  But I am confident the FGM Mobile will be great!
Looking great Antione !

John  
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 09:02:21 AM by JConk007 »

Offline landras

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 11:31:44 AM »
Antoine, how heavy are they going to be when they are done?
thanks

Offline breadstoneovens

• Vendor
    • Bread Stone Ovens
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 12:56:51 PM »
Hi there,

the trailer alone is is right at about 1,000 lb and the oven inclusind the enclosure 1,000 lb. The end result should be around 2000 lb and there fore would  allow about 1000 lb of wood and other supply to be kept in the trailer since the axle is rated at 3,000 lb.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Antoine

Offline landras

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 01:08:57 PM »
Hi there,

the trailer alone is is right at about 1,000 lb and the oven inclusind the enclosure 1,000 lb. The end result should be around 2000 lb and there fore would  allow about 1000 lb of wood and other supply to be kept in the trailer since the axle is rated at 3,000 lb.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Antoine

Thanks Antoine, that is very good news since I have a murano and I was told it can tow 3500lb (have to confirm that). Looking forward to get the price.
nico

Offline Grock

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 07:30:12 AM »
Very nice! That should be a smooth Ride. What's the tongue weight?

Offline breadstoneovens

• Vendor
    • Bread Stone Ovens
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 09:44:48 AM »
Hi Grock,

We are looking at about 200 lbs from the design. Now I am in the process of measuring it just to be sure.

Antoine

Offline breadstoneovens

• Vendor
    • Bread Stone Ovens
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 11:53:48 PM »
The assembly of the oven has been moving along and here are some pictures of the trailer almost finished.
We have installed a custom made stainless shelf in front of the oven that is still wrapped in the protective plastic.

Antoine
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 11:56:47 PM by breadstoneovens »

Offline jeff v

• I'm Valentino not Varasano :)
    • Pizzeria Valentino
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2013, 12:43:15 AM »
 :drool:

Excited to get my hands on that!!

Offline derricktung

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2013, 12:29:01 PM »
:drool:

Excited to get my hands on that!!

You and me both, Jeff!  Once my kickstarter get's going, I'm hoping to place an order with Antoine shortly after... and then you and me need to get together and have some pizza (and some of that famed pasta of yours!)

Offline jeff v

• I'm Valentino not Varasano :)
    • Pizzeria Valentino
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2013, 12:49:04 PM »
You and me both, Jeff!  Once my kickstarter get's going, I'm hoping to place an order with Antoine shortly after... and then you and me need to get together and have some pizza (and some of that famed pasta of yours!)

This one is mine, but I'm sure he can make you one too. :-D
Looking forward to cooking together soon! Yes, this oven will make pizza with an option for baked pasta. 8)

Offline breadstoneovens

• Vendor
    • Bread Stone Ovens
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2013, 01:15:47 PM »
Yes, this oven will make pizza with an option for baked pasta. 8)
I had the privilege of trying Jeff's pasta and let me tell you, they are excellent!  :drool:

Antoine

Offline landras

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2013, 03:47:25 PM »
Antoine, is that oven mounted on the 6 by 6 trailer? The SS self seems to be a nice feature. Looking good.

pizzapan