Author Topic: Four Grand Mere mobile wood fired ovens  (Read 9763 times)

Offline breadstoneovens

• Vendor
    • Bread Stone Ovens
Re: Four Grand Mere mobile wood fired ovens
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2014, 04:34:14 PM »
What's the main purpose of it? When would you need it to face a different way that would warrant the cost?
Indeed there is a cost to it.
I have had many request from different people as it makes the set-up easier. And I am one of the person who thinks it would be ideal.
When you show-up for an event there is always something in your way and people never realize the space you need to position the trailer just the way they want it / envisioned it. Rarely it is an open field just for you to maneuver your 10' long trailer with your big truck.
You can't move a 5,000 lbs tandem trailer by hand. If you are able to back it just right and then go park your truck, then hitching it back-up can be a nightmare.
John and others can put in their feedback on the matter.

With a rotating platform, you can pretty much pull or back in, turn it and get your oven to face right where you need it.

Antoine
WFO cooking is about passion.

Offline jeffereynelson

Re: Four Grand Mere mobile wood fired ovens
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2014, 09:22:16 PM »
Ya I guess I just see people use trailer dollys and that seemed possibly cheaper/easier than a rotating platform. Plus unless your trailer was circle, by rotating the oven a bit it could make your angles into the oven much more difficult I'd assume.