Author Topic: Olio Pizzeria Los Angeles  (Read 385 times)

Offline jeffereynelson

Olio Pizzeria Los Angeles
« on: February 16, 2013, 08:29:36 PM »
So the wife and I decided to go into LA and try a new pizza place. We went to Olio because of the ones we wanted to try, it was the only one open for lunch while we were there.

The place is really interesting, just a bar area, a couple two tops, and a few seats outside. Very small.

So the pizza was very different from what I was expecting, because in reality I didn't know what to expect. I couldn't even find a review of the place on the forums yet (maybe I didn't look in the right places?). Anyways the pizza was very good, but definitely not meeting VPN standards. They don't even have buffalo mozz on the menu. We ordered the margherita plus which is topped with Burrata and a sausage with roasted peppers. I really liked the burrata on the pizza, it really was delicious. However I timed the pizza, and it was in the oven for 5:15, and then was topped with the burrata and went in for another 30 seconds or so. So definitely a slower bake for a WFO. The pizza had a crunch to it and couldn't be eaten by the slice because it held up well. No soft crust or soggier middle.

It is no Neapolitan pie, but it was still good. Hopefully someone else will give it a try and give their opinions.

pizzapan