Author Topic: APN Training with Roberto at Keste  (Read 1731 times)

Offline docstyle

APN Training with Roberto at Keste
« on: December 17, 2012, 05:24:37 PM »
Hey Pizza folks,
 :chef:

I was wondering if anyone here has taken the classes with Roberto Caporuscio at Keste?  I watched the videos on-line that he did, and his pizza looked just like in Napoli!!  I lived there for 3 years with the military and developed a love for Neapolitan pizza.  I am thinking about opening a Neapolitan pizzeria in New Mexico, so I'm wondering if this class gives you most or all of the tools and information you would need to do this?  If anyone has taken the class or knows of someone who has, please give me some insight on how it was and what you think of it etc...

Thanks in advance!!!!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: APN Training with Roberto at Keste
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 08:27:59 PM »
Our Member Larry thre Zaman has taken most of the course with Roberto. I  also know several people at Amano who have taken the course as well. I feel if you are planning to open a Neapolitan pizzeria it would be worth the investment over the long run. What type of pizza experience do you have now? Do you have a WFO? There is plenty of repetition and he is a true Master. A good combination!  So I would  say do a little research, compare a few other schools... and go with your gut.
Best of luck !
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline docstyle

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 10:47:28 PM »
Thanks John!!
 ;D
I don't have a wfo yet.  I played around a little with pizzas when living in Naples, but only a couple times at a friends place, and that was about 15 years ago.....

I have always loved neapolitan pizza and I am passionate about Naples, running/owning a business (I've done that), and cooking.  So as far as pizza experience, none really, other then living in Naples and eating a lot of pizza there.  I can say that after being there, I could pick a good pizza from a bad one in Naples, and what made them better or worse(I'm picky).  My hope is that this school would fill the gaps of knowing how to make what I like.

I think learning from a Neapolitan is pretty important....... but what other schools are out there? 

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 11:35:21 PM »
Just my $.02 worth Doc,
Craig, John, Larry, Omid...and so many other super talented, genuinely helpful folks are all right here with their recipies, techniques, and as I said...a helping hand. If it was me, I'd take the 3 grand for private lessons and put me a decent little WFO out back and get busy. If you can afford the luxury of schooling and an oven to get things rolling than that is your call and definetly would be an awesome experience. I looked at Roberto's site and I think his price for personal training is an incredible bargain.
Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Online thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 11:48:51 AM »
 i think that if you are setting up a pizzeria.roberto can offer a lot that we cannot give you on the forum. mainly hands on technique.i ate at a Neapolitan pizzeria in Pittsburgh about a month ago.the owner did his 10 days with Roberto the pizza was absolutely Delicious . they have gotten rave reviews on the pies.they won best of Pittsburgh and the pies sat for two hours before they were judged. the reason i know all of this is i am a very nosy person :chef:. the other advantage is roberto will help with restaurant design.he ordered and had their oven delivered to their location for them.so if you are looking at the whole package it will be the best money you have ever spent.

Offline docstyle

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 08:21:57 PM »
You guys are awesome for all the information and insight you provide, thank you guys!!! ;D

Bob, I see what you are saying but with the position I'm currently in, if I am to make this move it then time is of the essence so I'd have to move fairly quickly. 

Zaman, great info on the place in Pittsburgh.  If they're doing that good from his class and he helped with design and the wfo, that tells me a lot.  Roberto is obviously not just doing a quick class then letting the door hit you on the way out if he helped out with all of that.  Looks like he cares, and that matters a whole lot.  Unfortunately, NYC is an expensive place for a class like this, but you get what you pay for right.

Thanks again guys!!

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 08:47:11 PM »
  Unfortunately, NYC is an expensive place for a class like this, but you get what you pay for right.

Thanks again guys!!
Doc, I would not be a bit surprised if a sincere email to Roberto might not net you an economical hook-up for lodging to attend one of his tutorials. I believe he has "modified " secessions too so you need not spend an extended amout of time there....
Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

pizzapan