Author Topic: PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE NEEDED  (Read 4970 times)

Offline Shadowcat1

PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE NEEDED
« on: December 29, 2012, 12:01:53 AM »
I am looking for the Pizza Pit Pizza sauce. Pizza Pit is located in and around the Madison, Wisconsin and in the Iowa area. I need the ingredients so I can make my own pizzas here in my Arkansas home. I am also looking for the Rocky Rococo Pizza crust and sauce recipes. I am not looking for huge amounts just enough for one or two pizzas at a time.
I hope someone can help me to find the clones.

http://www.pizzapit.biz/page/locations/Madison_fishhatchery.HTML

http://www.pizzapit.com/  Madison, WI

Thanks

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 02:43:22 PM »
Never heard of it...looks like PH thin(sorta). We have recipes for that. :)

Pizza Pit offers a "husky" crust..... :-D
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 02:46:15 PM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 09:09:48 AM »
Shadowcat1,

Without ingredients lists, Nutrition Facts, and sources of ingredients, it is almost impossible to reverse engineer and clone the dough formulations and sauces used by places like Pizza Pit Pizza and Rocky Rococo. Even with that kind of information, it can take literally months to come up with formulations that might produce credible clones. Also, home ovens do not perform like the commercial ovens that the pizza chains use so even knowing all of the required details won't produce the same product as the chains produce. In looking at the websites for Pizza Pit Pizza and Rocky Rococo, I did not see any of the above information provided anywhere on those websites. You would need insider information. And the people who have that kind of information are legally bound not to disclose it.

Peter

Offline Shadowcat1

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 12:07:03 PM »
Shadowcat1,

Without ingredients lists, Nutrition Facts, and sources of ingredients, it is almost impossible to reverse engineer and clone the dough formulations and sauces used by places like Pizza Pit Pizza and Rocky Rococo. Even with that kind of information, it can take literally months to come up with formulations that might produce credible clones. Also, home ovens do not perform like the commercial ovens that the pizza chains use so even knowing all of the required details won't produce the same product as the chains produce. In looking at the websites for Pizza Pit Pizza and Rocky Rococo, I did not see any of the above information provided anywhere on those websites. You would need insider information. And the people who have that kind of information are legally bound not to disclose it.

Peter

Thank you for responding.  :)

Offline kramer73

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 03:26:52 PM »
well, Rocky's will be your basic Sicilian crust.  I haven't had Pizza Pit, although there is one within walking distance of my house. 

I live outside of Madison.

Offline Shadowcat1

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 03:36:50 PM »
well, Rocky's will be your basic Sicilian crust.  I haven't had Pizza Pit, although there is one within walking distance of my house. 

I live outside of Madison.

Hello Kramer,

Thanks Kramer for replying to my message. I am from Madison and lived Oregon, WI. I now live in Arkansas as of 3 yrs ago and so it is hard for me to order or run to Pizza Pit. The Pizza Pit in Oregon I never liked. The Pizza Pit on Emil St off the Beltline is the best one I have found. I bought pizza etc from them for many years. I do know that a few of the ingredients in the sauce are mustard seed, Oregano, fennel, Italian seasoning, garlic powder but thats all I know. I used to buy the sauce by the large cup a few years ago to make my own meatball sandwiches. Yum!  :D I miss it very much...

I have a question for you since you live so close to Madison. When you run to the grocery store could you check in the spaghetti isle and see if you can find the Rocky Rococo Marinara sauce in a jar? I found a website where a woman found it somewhere. I am going to check here to see if Walmart and a couple of the others stores might carry it.

http://voices.yahoo.com/review-rocky-rococo-pizza-dipping-sauce-11351966.html?cat=22

Thanks again,
Sue

Offline kramer73

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 01:01:26 PM »
Hello Kramer,

Thanks Kramer for replying to my message. I am from Madison and lived Oregon, WI. I now live in Arkansas as of 3 yrs ago and so it is hard for me to order or run to Pizza Pit. The Pizza Pit in Oregon I never liked. The Pizza Pit on Emil St off the Beltline is the best one I have found. I bought pizza etc from them for many years. I do know that a few of the ingredients in the sauce are mustard seed, Oregano, fennel, Italian seasoning, garlic powder but thats all I know. I used to buy the sauce by the large cup a few years ago to make my own meatball sandwiches. Yum!  :D I miss it very much...

I have a question for you since you live so close to Madison. When you run to the grocery store could you check in the spaghetti isle and see if you can find the Rocky Rococo Marinara sauce in a jar? I found a website where a woman found it somewhere. I am going to check here to see if Walmart and a couple of the others stores might carry it.

http://voices.yahoo.com/review-rocky-rococo-pizza-dipping-sauce-11351966.html?cat=22

Thanks again,
Sue

I will do that!  I haven't been checking here too much, and I was at the store yesterday :(  I will check the next time I go, although I don't ever remember seeing it.

I actually live in Oregon right now, lol.  Supposedly the Pizza Pit is better than what it used to be, but I've never tried it.

Offline kramer73

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 01:03:40 PM »
I will do that!  I haven't been checking here too much, and I was at the store yesterday :(  I will check the next time I go, although I don't ever remember seeing it.

I actually live in Oregon right now, lol.  Supposedly the Pizza Pit is better than what it used to be, but I've never tried it.

As of right now, we have Maria's, Pizza Hut, Pizza Pit, and La Rocca's, which used to be in Madison on Willy Street.  La Rocca's is really good, and so is Maria's.  Both places are packed every Friday night.

Offline Shadowcat1

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 10:25:57 PM »

It is cool you live where I used to. I know the people who own Marias, they are from Italy. One of my daughters went to OHS with one of the owners daughters. Did you go to OHS? If you decide to try Pizza Pit then go to the Emil St store. I had even thought of getting a little of the sauce and checking what the spices are but I don't know how much that would cost. I wished I knew of someone who works or worked there. I don't know if Bills has the Rocky Rococo sauce or not. Maybe the restaurant itself sells it? I never thought of that.

Sue

Offline mitchjg

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 08:20:52 AM »
Sorry to be off topic and I will let you get on with the business of sauce location - for bonus points, who was Rocky Rococo (who once said:
"Hello, I want to order some anchovies to go, and hold the pizza."   ) ?

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 09:08:59 AM by mitchjg »

Offline kramer73

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 12:58:13 PM »
Hi Sue,
I did find it on this site:  http://www.rockyrococo.com/buy-stuff.aspx

I am going to try Bill's and another store after work today.

That's pretty awesome that you knew the people who own Maria's!  I did not go to OHS, I moved here in 2003 from the Green Bay area.

Offline kramer73

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 06:17:29 PM »
ok, they do carry it at Bill's.  It's $2.79 for a 14 oz. jar.

Offline steelplayer

• wailuaveggie
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 11:54:35 PM »
Sorry to be off topic and I will let you get on with the business of sauce location - for bonus points, who was Rocky Rococo (who once said:
"Hello, I want to order some anchovies to go, and hold the pizza."   ) ?

Firesign Theatre   :P
Where ever you are, you are fives miles from somewhere else...

Offline Shadowcat1

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 03:53:28 PM »
Hi Sue,
I did find it on this site:  http://www.rockyrococo.com/buy-stuff.aspx

I am going to try Bill's and another store after work today.

That's pretty awesome that you knew the people who own Maria's!  I did not go to OHS, I moved here in 2003 from the Green Bay area.

Thank you for checking for me Kramer,  :angel: if I come up there next month I will have to grab a few jars to bring back.  :) Now I wished I knew`how to get the other sauce.

Offline Shadowcat1

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 03:58:38 PM »
Thank you for responding.  :)

Peter,
The below link is where the sauce can be purchased. Right on the pizza site. http://www.rockyrococo.com/buy-stuff.aspx
Maybe someone can take it from there.
Thanks,
Sue