Author Topic: Konnichiwa from Japan!  (Read 321 times)

Offline f.montoya

Konnichiwa from Japan!
« on: December 30, 2012, 01:22:49 AM »
Hi everyone,

I actually joined the forum in early September but didn't post a greeting because I busy building my wood-fired brick oven and was mostly just interested in reading stuff. My entire progress is available to see in video on YouTube. Just search "My Wood Fired Pizza Oven in Japan" and my vids should be at the top. I have about 16 videos so far and more will be coming as I continue to improve on my dough and cooking skills. I would post the links here but the forum might have some anti-spam stuff that might block posting links. I could be wrong. :)

Offline fornographer

• Supporting Member
Re: Konnichiwa from Japan!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 12:08:37 PM »
Hello there, Fidel :) Welcome.  I saw your videos appearing on youtube (searching for Wood fired oven) a couple of months ago and have been enjoying them.  I'm looking forward to more videos and also possible reviews of neapolitan places there in Japan.  It looks like Japan is crazy about neapolitan pies.

Offline f.montoya

Re: Konnichiwa from Japan!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 09:22:15 AM »
Hello there, Fidel :) Welcome.  I saw your videos appearing on youtube (searching for Wood fired oven) a couple of months ago and have been enjoying them.  I'm looking forward to more videos and also possible reviews of neapolitan places there in Japan.  It looks like Japan is crazy about neapolitan pies.

Thanks. And, yes, the Japanese are indeed crazy about Neapolitan pizza. However, it's more fad and date-spot driven than it is pure appreciation for the craft, history and artistry. I, and my new oven, are a bit of a novelty and that's kind of fun to think about. I'm an English teacher, and I own my own school. So my students are pretty much in awe that I had them over in November for 2 hours of all-you-can-eat for a mere 1000yen($8 U.S.), especially since they would have to spend four times that for a Vera Pizza Napoletana in a "qualified" restaurant. Anyway, I look forward to posting more vids in the coming year!

pizzapan