Author Topic: Grills n Ovens  (Read 326 times)

Offline wrtdotcom

• I Love Pizza!
Grills n Ovens
« on: September 18, 2014, 12:01:04 PM »
I have recently purchased and installed a Grill-N-Ovens WFO from Portugal.  I plan on posting some pictures of the install.  The oven arrived on a pallet and weighed 1300#.  I had very limited space getting it onto the patio.  I have a 48 horsepower tractor with lift and that helped getting the oven into the backyard, but the tractor did not have enough room to turn so that the oven could be installed on the masonry stand.  I, luckily, have some younger friends that came over, accepted the challenge, and helped with the project.  I built a metal stand to put the oven on that was the height of the masonry stand.  We located the oven on this stand first.  Then, with muscle, the men turned the oven 1/4 turn to get the opening to the outdoor kitchen.  Then we manually lifted the oven, an end at a time and placed 1 in. black pipe (5) under the oven.  Then we rolled the oven from the metal stand to the masonry resting place. With that done, I started curing the oven which took 10 days from one candle to a 2 hour fire.  We are now making pizzas and have worked through the dough issues, temperature issues, and are improving with each firing.  I really am proud of the performance of the Grills n Ovens WFO.  Eugene has been very helpful with advice and service.  I cannot find fault with the product, so far, and I am very happy with the price for a very impressive and functioning WFO.  I will post pictures of our pizzas.  One of our guests timed from the start to end of cooking and we are making 2 minute pizzas.  This is enough to keep the pizza makers too busy to drink wine, which is a plus.  Thanks for letting me post this.  wr

Offline wrtdotcom

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Grills n Ovens
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 12:13:30 PM »
Here are some pizza pictures.

Offline TXCraig1

Re: Grills n Ovens
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 03:01:13 PM »
Looks like a great outdoor kitchen and some tasty pies.
Pizza is not bread.

pizzapan