Author Topic: Breadstone versus Forno Bravo versus ?  (Read 405 times)

Offline Dippenwood

Breadstone versus Forno Bravo versus ?
« on: March 09, 2016, 03:25:18 PM »
After a month of trying to find and compare wood fired pizza ovens, I think I have settled on a breadstone 800 on a mobile cart. I thought last week I had decided on a Forno bravo 32 inch option. Anyway, does anyone have any feedback on these choices, and is the breadstone worth the premium over the Forno bravo?

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Breadstone versus Forno Bravo versus ?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 04:07:25 PM »
Not sure which FB you are looking at, but the breadstone/FGM would likely be my choice of the two.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline jeff v

• Supporting Member
  • I'm Valentino not Varasano :)
    • Pizzeria Valentino
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 04:46:26 PM »
I've cooked in a FB a couple times and owned a FGM. I was very happy with it and Antoinne was always good to work with.
Back to being a civilian pizza maker only.

Offline Dippenwood

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 05:19:11 PM »
Thanks Craig, I was hoping you'd weigh in. It was your reference of breadstone in another thread that got me looking at their options. I briefly considered an LA oven works oven in the 32 or so inch range, but their offerings don't seem dense enough. Free shipping was alluring, but I want a legit thick oven. I was considering the FB Toscana 80, by the way. What about Chicago brick ovens?

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 06:04:01 PM »
I'd take the FGM over the Toscana. Not that the Toscana is a bad oven. The only Chicago Brick oven I've used is a really small one (~24") and it was built in and really well insulated. It worked well for the size.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Dippenwood

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 07:09:04 PM »
Thanks, Craig. Now just deciding on fully completed versus the kit. Leaning toward total turnkey ... Drop it off, fire it up.  I'm surprised this bulletin board doesn't have stickied threads devoted to particular ovens merits and reviews. I'm on a golf focused bulletin board and it's got stickies for clubs, brands, balls, etc.

Offline Dippenwood

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 10:28:55 PM »
Thanks also to you Jeff. This forum has been very helpful

Offline Dippenwood

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 07:49:31 PM »
Spoke with Antoine today... Ordered an 800 raised arch on a metal cart. If I feel ambitious later, once its arrived and set up, I'll post feedback.

wordpress