Author Topic: Finally a Swedish neapolitan WFO underway  (Read 30236 times)

Online fagilia

Re: Finally a Swedish neapolitan WFO underway
« Reply #140 on: March 19, 2013, 04:54:19 PM »
thanks andre and Tom,
Vineagar is good for a lot of things it seems, just used it to clean up a mold attack in my bathroom...

Online fagilia

« Reply #141 on: March 21, 2013, 03:03:55 PM »
Next step is to make the neapolitan vent like sf and acunto ovens. Trickiest part since i cant understand what it is that holds the cap from collapsing? I understand i will have to use an angle iron connected to my metal bands. But will this be enough. Any ideas here are welcome..

Offline Svitlana

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #143 on: May 16, 2013, 12:12:40 PM »
your oven looks amazing! have you finished it already? :) I have read all your post and I want to build oven like yours, maybe you can help me and give some advices where I can get more information about it? some sites or something else? Thanks:)

Online fagilia

« Reply #144 on: July 09, 2013, 02:12:44 AM »
Hi guys,
I have been working hard and since i am in the the awning business i have had no time for the oven. ( summer in Sweden )

What i have done is the transition for the vent. Kindly i got measurments from Craig on his oven so thats what i used to some extent.

Today i will get the Rolled steel plate that i will use for the transition. I dont know how to explain it but you will see.

The biggest issue i have is to how i am supposted to get at least some insulation/stucco to stick to the rolled steel cap vent transition :)

I want to cover it somehow otherwise it will get burning hot.

Ill post pivtures soon of that too.

Hope to get this thread started again..

By the way I Went to Naples for Holiday for 1 week. I took a map and and i marked all the pizzerias i wanted to go to and then i Went Walking for 1 week haha. 24 pizzerias in total.. Now i know what to aim for..
Also what is really neapolitan pizza? None of the pizzerias i Went to was the same really. All have their special touch and also if i Went to the same pizzeria twice which happened they were different too? If judging on looks i would say most people here make nicer pizzas than most that i eat in Naples :)
If neapolitan pizza is pizzas that are made like they mostly do in Naples then you guys are surely making neapolitan pizza..

Online fagilia

« Reply #145 on: July 09, 2013, 02:13:27 AM »
one more view

Online fagilia

« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2013, 03:05:46 AM »
The steel transition will look something like this. As you can see there is a gap of 2 inches where i can fill out with soem insulation/stucco and finally Mosaic.
Question is though how am I going to get this insulation or stucco attached to the steel plate and how am I going to prevent cracks here.
Thanks for thoughts on this.

Online fagilia

« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2013, 08:30:59 AM »
Bye the way.
Iam planning to use a 270mm 10,6 inch pipe like the Picture below and then transition it to a 10 inch chimney. Any thoughts on this.
I will make the transition between the flue pipe and the vent over the oven almost like the Picture. Just cut a hole in the pipe.
As iam in a hurry i will just use rests of the firebriks i have to build the vent over the oven.
Only thing i Think of when doing the vent is to go from bigger to smaller at all times. I dont know much about draw in ventilation but it sounds smart :D
Picture is from some sf build i found on facebook.

Offline Jeep Pizza

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #148 on: July 11, 2013, 09:39:16 PM »
Where in Sweden are you located? I would like to come by and admire your work the next time I am there if time permits.
Time is money, money is power, power is pizza and pizza is knowledge.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #149 on: July 11, 2013, 10:08:40 PM »
If space allows, consider a couple of inches of insulation between the ceiling of the oven and the floor of the vent.  The flue should be fine in size.

Online fagilia

« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2013, 10:03:16 AM »
Ok jeep you are welcome  ;D not much to see yet though but hopefully soon..

Yes Tom i thoght about it and i did read all that i could find about the vent and jeffs thoughts.

As i now understand a neapolitan vent makes more sense in an oven like craigs where  the oven is all mass.
SO if i insulate the vent it would actually be better just to let the gas go staright up like most peolpes ovens instead of taking a
unesseasry route over the dome. That would be correct yes?

I will think about it over the weekend beacuse i need to have a strategy of how to solve it in the best way if i do it.
I might also just let the fluepipe go straight up half way up the middle of the dome.

I know it has been discussed before but any more insights would be appreciated and maby explenations of pros and cons if there is any new thoughts..

The biggest and most important question is which alternative is best for coocking neapolitan pizza? Which one will preform better more or less..

Thanks you.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #151 on: July 12, 2013, 11:21:30 AM »
I think either will perform fine, it is just a matter of preference where the flue is.  A straight flue will obviously provide a better draw than an angled one.  The theory (I guess) behind the ceiling being exposed in the Neapolitan flue is that the heat of the flue gas is "reclaimed" as it exits the oven.  I think any reclamation would be more than offset by losses incurred at the same time <shrug>.

Online fagilia

« Reply #152 on: July 12, 2013, 05:22:38 PM »
Ok, thanks so if i understand you correctly. You do not Think it matter if i put extra insulation between the oven dome and the vent or not? I made it like Picture below and as you can see I can just put some extra insulation in and raise the bricks a couple of inches if needed.

By the way jeep i live Close to gothenburgh :D

Online fagilia

« Reply #153 on: July 12, 2013, 05:23:29 PM »
Another view.

Online fagilia

« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2013, 05:27:00 PM »
meaurments of my vent over the dome.
The opening is 17,7 inch wide and 8,7 inch high. so appr 121 inch 2.

Offline shuboyje

« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2013, 08:32:08 PM »
I think either will perform fine, it is just a matter of preference where the flue is.  A straight flue will obviously provide a better draw than an angled one.  The theory (I guess) behind the ceiling being exposed in the Neapolitan flue is that the heat of the flue gas is "reclaimed" as it exits the oven.  I think any reclamation would be more than offset by losses incurred at the same time <shrug>.

It's actually the opposite.  The Neapolitans claim the dome heats the vent, increasing the temperature of the gases and thus increasing draw.
-Jeff

Offline Jeep Pizza

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #156 on: July 12, 2013, 09:29:22 PM »
By the way jeep i live Close to gothenburgh :D

Fagilia I am making regular trips to Lulea by way of Stockholm. I may be able to fly over early and make a day trip to Gothenburg.
Time is money, money is power, power is pizza and pizza is knowledge.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #157 on: July 13, 2013, 12:19:32 AM »
Either way, I think they are wrong.

Online fagilia

« Reply #158 on: July 13, 2013, 04:13:28 AM »
Ok but if there is a difference. I guess the difference is not great enough to ruin my neapolitan pizza making? Hope so in any case. ;D

Offline shuboyje

« Reply #159 on: July 13, 2013, 10:20:40 AM »
Either way, I think they are wrong.

And you and I are in 100% agreement.
-Jeff