Author Topic: Looking for an honest opinion of using a starter vs. IDY/ADY ...  (Read 183 times)

Offline TXCraig1

Absolutely none. Patsy's has never used natural leavening.  Insiders have proven this beyond any reasonable doubt, yet Jeff Varasano, in the face of overwhelming evidence, rather than just admitting he was wrong, continues to mumble things along the lines of "well... something tastes different to me," leaves his recipe page intact, and, in doing so, continues to mislead thousands.

Go to Jeff's pizza recipe website right now. There is a video posted right at the very top. In it, he hems and haws, but he says with respect to Patsy's (at 3:00) "I now know that they don't use a sourdough culture in their dough."
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline scott123

Go to Jeff's pizza recipe website right now. There is a video posted right at the very top. In it, he hems and haws, but he says with respect to Patsy's (at 3:00) "I now know that they don't use a sourdough culture in their dough."

But he bleeps out 'Patsy's'!  And he goes on to say that the sourdough culture 'came from' a non sourdough dough? What?!

*shaking my head*

Finally admitting the truth, even in a convoluted manner, amounts for something, but his recipe page is unchanged, and that completely makes the erroneous connection between NY style and starter, so, until he changes that, the wild goose chase continues.

FWIW, I did get a huge kick out the interviewer's general "cut the BS, Jeff" attitude.  The fact that he has friends that don't put up with his crap is encouraging.
« Last Edit: Today at 01:24:20 AM by scott123 »

Offline scott123

From the video

"There's the supermarket yeast"
"Which sucks... flavorless"

If supermarket yeast sucks so badly, Jeff, why is it the basis for your top three favorite pizzerias?  And 16 out of your 18 top places? You overwhelmingly praise IDY pizza, and yet IDY sucks and produces flavorless pies.

Riiiiiiiight.

Offline TXCraig1

Particularly when you combine it with the flour of death  :-D
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline scott123

:-D The flour of death

It's sounds like a boxing match.

And in this corn-ah...
weighing in at 500 grams,
hailing from the state of New York,
the wheat beast,
the oxidizer of doom,
the oven spring-ah in the ring-ah...
the FLOUR OF DEATH!

*cue Live and Let Die*

pizzapan