Author Topic: Sourdo.com Ischica Starter Trouble  (Read 82 times)

Offline ericallenboyd

• I Love Pizza!
Sourdo.com Ischica Starter Trouble
« on: November 25, 2014, 12:30:11 PM »
I followed the directions to the T from sourdo.com and it has been a week now.  I get bubbles but no rise.  The consistency is around pancake batter and have it at rom temp of 70 degrees.  I am assuming since I have bubbles that I did not kill it. Any suggestions or any other recommendations?

Online mitchjg

• Supporting Member
Re: Sourdo.com Ischica Starter Trouble
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 12:58:53 PM »
Keep feeding it, maybe every 12 hours.  It will, likely, spring into life at some point soon.  You may want to take half of it (so the little experiment does not mess anything up) and put it in the oven with the light on to get it to 90 degrees.

My starter from scratch: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,33343.msg331262.html#msg331262

I think the usual pattern is a lot of nothing until it decides to take off.

- Mitch

Offline ccgus

• Mueller Pizza Lab
Re: Sourdo.com Ischica Starter Trouble
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 03:43:57 PM »
Didn't the instructions say to keep it at 90 for the first couple of days, to kill off the bad stuff?   It's been a while, so I might be misremembering.

One thing that completely ruined my starter when I first got it, was using water with too much chlorine in it (straight out of the tap).  You might try bottled water if you think your water might not be the purest.