Author Topic: First attempt at NY-Neapolitan Hybrid  (Read 4365 times)

Offline derricktung

Re: First attempt at NY-Neapolitan Hybrid
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2013, 01:08:57 PM »
Jonathan,

Congrats on a great looking NY-Neapolitan hybrid!  Will definitely stop by the next time I'm in the area! 

Like you, I've been working on modifying the Neapolitan style... mine's more of a Neo-Neapolitan, which leans heavily on Neapolitan techniques and stretch, along with some AP flour to give it a bit more structure (most family and friends thought a strict 00 was too floppy).

Regarding stretch/dough thickness factor, so I just wanted to chime in with what I've learned from forum members here.

For Neapolitan, a 12 inch pizza is 250 grams.  A 10 inch pizza is usually at 200 grams.  (I weight my in at 210-220 if one of my partners is stretching to give some leeway). 

Scott, interesting to hear your evolution on pizza as well.  Always insightful to hear how others are developing their pizzas and the history of what impacted them to make those changes...

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2013, 01:42:05 PM »
My formulation is:
75% High Gluten Flour (KA Sir Lancelot); 25% Caputo 00 flour
62% water
salt and yeast are the same
no olive oil or sugar

the same method as written above. I do expect to bump up the water, and raise the temp of the water as summer gives way to fall and winter; but the 64-67% I was doing during the winter when recipe testing was way too wet come May/June.

Thanks for the love; more pictures to come.

Jonathan
Sounds great Jon...sure would love some pics of your oven and rest. setting pies next time you have a chance to post pics. After looking at your menu I am sure you're pretty busy though!  :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline jonathan.copeland

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2013, 01:45:11 PM »
I will post more pictures soon. And yes, I'm very busy, though hopefully all will settle down soon.

Derrick, my doughs weigh 250 grams, and are about 12" maybe a tick smaller.

pizzapan