Author Topic: Intro New Member  (Read 172 times)

Offline rhonda

Intro New Member
« on: January 03, 2013, 02:50:52 PM »
Hi I am Rhonda, I work in Product Development for a small food company.  We are exploring the feasability of entering the par-baked pizza crust business, so looking for advice and expertise of this forum!

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: Intro New Member
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 03:06:00 PM »
Welcome aboard rhonda,
From what I see in the grocery stores your topic of par-backed crusts could sure stand for some improvement...good luck to you and your small food company!
Bob

fwiw, if I saw a new product that was maybe in the 10-12in. size that had a fairly large cornicione packaged in a recycled type box, maybe some funky(hip,small company,homemadeish)looking lettering, I almost want to say "organic" product(really not necessary for me) but you get the idea...I would purchase that. Especially if you include a clear window section on that box...a 'lil char showing on the crust would be a big plus.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 03:27:12 PM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 04:08:44 PM »
Rhonda,

In parallel with your post here, you might want to register and post your questions to the members of the PMQ Think Tank at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewforum.php?f=6. Par-baked crusts is a topic that comes up there from time time and my recollection is that Tom Lehmann is one of the members who discusses that topic. You might also use the PMQTT search function although I should warn you that it often gives more hits than one can reasonably go through.

Peter

Offline rhonda

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 04:11:12 PM »
Thanks for the helpful advice, just looking around site, what an awesome resource!