Author Topic: infrared thermometer deal  (Read 1145 times)

Offline PennyNC

infrared thermometer deal
« on: January 03, 2013, 10:07:49 PM »
Just picked up an infrared thermometer today to use with my new steel plate experiments.  It was a good deal at the Harbor Freight in Charlotte.  It was regularly $60, on clearance for $30 and after the 20 percent off coupon was only $24.  Pretty good deal for something I just wanted to play around with.  It has a flexible wand and says it goes up to 1112 degrees F, so it should be more than handy to measure temps on my steel plate.

Just wanted to share in case anyone else is looking for a new kitchen toy!

Offline mistachy

Re: infrared thermometer deal
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 08:17:25 AM »
Just picked up an infrared thermometer today to use with my new steel plate experiments.  It was a good deal at the Harbor Freight in Charlotte.  It was regularly $60, on clearance for $30 and after the 20 percent off coupon was only $24.  Pretty good deal for something I just wanted to play around with.  It has a flexible wand and says it goes up to 1112 degrees F, so it should be more than handy to measure temps on my steel plate.

Just wanted to share in case anyone else is looking for a new kitchen toy!
There are cheap  infrared thermometers  that go high. I got mine for 10 bucks but it only goes up to 500 degrees.

this one goes above 700 and its only 17 bucks http://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Temperature-Non-Contact-Infrared-Thermometer/dp/B00837ZGRY/?tag=pizzamaking-20

How high do you need it to go really? You can get away with spending less than 20 bucks if your a penny pencher like me.

Offline PennyNC

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 10:01:46 AM »
There are cheaper ones for sure, including one that goes to almost 500 degrees at Harbor Freight.  But for those who want one that goes higher and do not want to pay shipping and/or wait for it to arrive, I just wanted to share what they might be able to pick up in their own town if they have a HF nearby.  I don't NEED one to go so high as this; it just came that way.  I know I sometimes don't want to wait for that smiley Amazon box to arrive before I can play so I thought I would share the info.

Offline mistachy

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 10:04:22 AM »
There are cheaper ones for sure, including one that goes to almost 500 degrees at Harbor Freight.  But for those who want one that goes higher and do not want to pay shipping and/or wait for it to arrive, I just wanted to share what they might be able to pick up in their own town if they have a HF nearby.  I don't NEED one to go so high as this; it just came that way.  I know I sometimes don't want to wait for that smiley Amazon box to arrive before I can play so I thought I would share the info.
I havnt paid shipping since 2008. That amazon prime is pretty awesome. I usually receive my items the second day after purchasing them, sometimes the morning of day 3. but for the selection, and the cheap prices, and no taxes on most items. I think amazon will always be a viable option for those of us who dont like to leave our kitchens :)

Offline polishpizza

• New Haven Style Thin Crust Mobile Pizza - We Bring The Party To You, Not Just The Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 01:55:09 PM »
Going to harbor freight now!  Penny, you have anything to share about the plate? 
Polack trying to make pizza