Author Topic: Hi, need help from the big boys with neapolitan pizza.  (Read 191 times)

Offline Ettiene

Hi, need help from the big boys with neapolitan pizza.
« on: January 05, 2013, 02:34:36 AM »
Hi
I've been a chef for 16 years and have only now discovered where my true passion is.
July 2011 I bought a struggling pizzeria and have since started to make a small profit using my cheffing background. We are still to similar to the chain stores with their conveyor ovens even though we have a wfo.
I now want to start doing Neapolitan style pizzas. The problem I'm having is the excessive charring at the bottom; and this was happening at 450C. I'm still experimenting with 5 different doughs whilst 4 contain no sugar. I try to remove as much of the flour before baking, but without it the pizza might stick on the peel especially the high hydrated dough. I've recently stumbled onto this site and know with the vast amount of experience here I should be churning out 90sec pies soon. Our customers are aware of our intended change and although they have no idea what a Neapolitan pizza is they are still excited.

Please help.

Kindest regards
Etttiene 

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
Re: Hi, need help from the big boys with neapolitan pizza.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 06:46:46 AM »
Welcome, Ettiene. Regarding the charring on the bottom: it may be the type of flour you are using. I'd post over on the Neapolitan section with all the specifics of your ingredients and method. You'll find lots of big boys over there happy to help.