Author Topic: Best way to get Giordano's style out of the pan?  (Read 1487 times)

Offline Paisan

• I Love Pizza!
Best way to get Giordano's style out of the pan?
« on: December 20, 2005, 09:56:07 PM »
I have seen some people use a spring form, but that's too easy.  ;D

What is the trick for getting it out of a standard pan? All attempts I have made, the pizza is not that rigid, and it's darn near impossible to get a spatula in there.

Any help would be appreciated!

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Best way to get Giordano's style out of the pan?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 10:04:33 PM »
Paisan,

The question you pose came up recently so you may want to take a look at the suggestions of our members at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,2227.msg19587.html#msg19587. You might also look at an earlier thread, at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,95.msg1067.html#msg1067.

Peter
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 10:11:34 PM by Pete-zza »

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
Re: Best way to get Giordano's style out of the pan?
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 07:06:23 AM »
Even without seasoning, it is possible to get the pizza out. I would stay away from aluminum. The best way I've found for a new/newer type pan is to use margarine (which is just hydrogenated oil) on all areas of the pan. Make sure that the pan is completely dry. Any spots where there may be water/moisture will become sticking points. After that, all you have to do is make sure it is cooked well enough. If your top starts to get too dark, toss some foil on top, so the inner parts can cook thru. You should be able to get a spatula under the crust, while holding the pan with the other hand, and slide/lift the pie onto a cutting board.

pizzapan