Author Topic: New member introduction  (Read 86 times)

Offline ChicagoPizza

New member introduction
« on: January 07, 2013, 08:12:42 AM »
Greetings all!
I love pizza and used to live in Chicago with the best pizza in the world available. Anything from the thinnest crust pizza like the now defunct Welcome Inn (I would love to be able to duplicate that pizza), to beloved Barnaby's Pub that I frequented back in high school and for many years after. And Uno's and Duey's (sp?) and Gullivers and Lou Malnati's to name a few memorable Chicago style deep dish pizzas. Lest I neglect Gigio's on Devon Avenue, or the Comeback Inn with the giant kodiak bear, or Bill's Pub in the northwest suburbs where you could eat peanuts and throw the shells on the floor.

But then I started keeping kosher dietary laws and I had to start to duplicate my most beloved recipes in my own kosher kitchen. And then, I moved to Israel, and I really have to make my own. There are lots of pizza places here, but none that compare to any of the above mentioned favorites. So in my search for a recipe for Barnaby's, I found a link to this forum and here I am.

Thanks in advance for your knowledge and advice and helping me recreate the best pizzas ever.

pizzapan