Author Topic: America's Best Pizza In Unexpected Places  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

scott123

Re: America's Best Pizza In Unexpected Places
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 09:26:25 AM »
Okay, on what planet is Phoenix/Bianco's 'unexpected?'

I am glad to see Supino getting more accolades.  Alright Scott R!

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 09:58:12 AM »
The HuffPo piece shows only 8 pizzas, whereas the Food & Wine article itself, at http://www.foodandwine.com/slideshows/best-pizza-unexpected-places, shows 13 pizzas. HuffPo loves to posts lists of all kinds, because as a content aggregator it knows that people love them and that it is a good way to deluge readers with advertising, but this time they perhaps could have picked a more creative title for the  collection of "unexpected" pizza locations.

Peter

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 11:42:44 AM »
The HuffPo piece shows only 8 pizzas, whereas the Food & Wine article itself, at http://www.foodandwine.com/slideshows/best-pizza-unexpected-places, shows 13 pizzas. HuffPo loves to posts lists of all kinds, because as a content aggregator it knows that people love them and that it is a good way to deluge readers with advertising, but this time they perhaps could have picked a more creative title for the  collection of "unexpected" pizza locations.

Peter

Thanks, Peter!
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline shuboyje

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 10:30:02 PM »
What timing.  I've been wanting to get to Mani Osteria for a while now but whenever I'm in Ann Arbor I'm generally trying to get out of dodge fast and beat the traffic home.  Today I had some time to kill so got to check it out.  I'll leave the pictures and details for another time as it's been a long day,  but the pies are pretty solid.  Nothing I would right home about, but certainly worth it if you are in the area.  Everything else looked and smelled incredible also, I kinda think my wife wishes she would have tried something else, she's become more of a pizza snob then me, ROFL.
-Jeff

Offline dineomite

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 11:18:18 PM »
I felt the same way about their pizza, but the pickled tomatoes and the the pork belly apps are worth the price of admission.