Author Topic: Panera Asiago Bread  (Read 655 times)

Offline Chaze215

Panera Asiago Bread
« on: January 07, 2013, 05:42:50 PM »
The people at work know that I enjoy making pizzas and bread at home. I was approached and asked if I ever had Panera's asiago bread (which I hadnt) and was told that it was "AWESOME". The same coworker said that she would buy a loaf and bring it in to me to see if I could make one as good. So today I was given a hunk of this bread and I found it to be ok...not awesome  :-D Has anyone had this bread? Do you know of a recipe?
Thanks in advance!

Chaz
Chaz

scott123

Re: Panera Asiago Bread
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 05:54:59 PM »
Chaz, I've never had it, but, if you weren't aware of it, the freshness of bread plays a massive role in it's quality.  That's why we're here on this forum and that's what makes pizza so freakin' amazing- that you're able to (ideally) get it straight from the oven when it's at it's peak of it's wonderfulness.

If there was much time between when the coworker bought the bread and when you ate it, that would detract considerably from it's 'awesomeness.'

Offline Polo

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 06:51:15 PM »
I have only been to Panera once, but I must say that I was not impressed with the quality of the bread. I went there to do some research for a family member who was opening a small restaurant. I decided quickly that my bread was much better.
If you like I will dig out a Panera bread cook book I have and see if they have the asiago bread recipe.

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 07:15:26 PM »
Scott I totally agree with you but I thought for some reason it would taste better...lol
Polo: That would be great if you could find that book/recipe, but dont go crazy looking for it. I appreciate it!

Chaz
Chaz

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 11:11:17 PM »
FWIW,  IMO the bread is ok,  the asiago bagels are what worthy of praise.  I was wondering just the other day why these had not been discussed before here.  They are awesome.  They used to pair them with sun dried tomato cream cheese,  wow is that a god combo.  Do try.  These bagels freeze perfectly BTW,  slice them as soon as you get them and go straight to the toaster on defrost out of the freezer.  Just had  to chime in on these.  -marc

pizzapan