Author Topic: Rolled vs. Stretched with pics  (Read 752 times)

Offline fresnosmooth

• I Love Pizza!
Rolled vs. Stretched with pics
« on: January 09, 2013, 02:27:28 PM »
So what we have here is the KA perfect pizza flour (which is alright, I'm just starting experimenting with it so I can't give a complrehensive report yet) prepared the way it says to on the bag (which again is just a starting point).  So have a look at the difference between the pizza shaped with a rolling pin and one that was hand stretched and tossed (both got a bench rest/rise prior to being put in the oven).
Can you tell which is which?

Offline fresnosmooth

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Rolled vs. Stretched with pics
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 02:40:00 PM »
This is one 18-20 oz - 24 hr cold ferment dough ball - halved, so it's the exact same dough.  I believe the only reason I even got much rise at all out of the rolling pin dough was the fact that it had baking powder in the ingredient listing.  Note I did dock both and manually (didn't use the super-peel) transferred the dough to the baking stone for a quick oven spring prior to adding toppings.  I can't remember the temp of the stone, but I did use an IR gun to be sure it was approximately the same temp for both tries.  About the only difference is that the rolling pin dough was cooked second giving more bench rise (the stone took a little while to get back up to the original heat - which should've been an advantage).  The flavor was the same, the texture was ... how they looked.

That one slice in the background that looks like it has Mustard .... has mustard (what can I say, you never know till you try).

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
Re: Rolled vs. Stretched with pics
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 09:14:58 AM »
is there even any question!? thanks for posting this. I've never seen rolled vs stretched side by side.
Nick Gore - just a dough eyed wanderer

pizzapan