Author Topic: Do Dogs Go To Heaven??????????????????  (Read 1628 times)

Offline Jackitup

Do Dogs Go To Heaven??????????????????
« on: January 09, 2013, 07:48:14 PM »
I say a BIG YES. At least I hope so! This past Saturday My girl KITA started having seizures. Healthy as the day I got her and out Cairn Terrier couldn't keep up to her. I left the hospital abruptly Saturday nite when my wife Rosie called and said she was having some sort of seizure. I got home, gave her an IV of Ringers Lactate and after 2-3 hours of Grand Mal seizures ended up in the Animal hospital overnite and putting her into a valium coma. I went to pick her up the next day and managed her valium IV at home. The Vet understood what I do in the ICU and gave me the valium and some flushes to get thru the day. He would not however give me the stuff to finish it. I understood and thanked him. She continued to have seizures thru that day and I let her wake up enough to have 1 more walk in the yard. She sniffed around, pee'd and sniffed around some more with some stumbling and seized again. Then I knew it was time. Drugged her up 1 more time so my middle daughter could get home to see her then I kept my promise to her from a long time ago. When the time came, it would be just me and her, we took that last walk...together. I'll get her ashes back in a week or so. If you pray for dogs, send one up for Kita and maybe a small one for me for what I had to do. Sorry to bring this here but I know many of you are dog lovers, give your friends a big hug for me

jon
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 07:42:18 PM by Jackitup »
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline Jackitup

Re: Do Dogs Go To Heaven??????????????????
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 07:53:44 PM »
My best friend Kita...........................

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 07:55:52 PM »
Your beloved dog is running and playing. Having a great time in a place where she will meet up with you one day.  Don't know what they call that place but I believe it is there.
You were lucky to have such a good friend, and she also.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline ThatsAmore

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 08:18:03 PM »
What a beautiful dog Jon.  I'm truly sorry for you and your family's loss. 

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

I hope you find some solace in that poem if no one has passed it along to you.
Who put that pie in my eye ?

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 08:27:19 PM »
Jon,

I also believe that dogs do have a dog heaven.  They are manís best friends.  I am so sorry to hear what you had to go though with Kita.  I know you loved her very much.  I know you also did the best you could for her.  You told a very touching story of the last days of Kita.  They are beautiful pictures of Kita. 

I also have a dog that I thought was very ill a few weeks ago, but I was lucky and with vetís care, tests and pills my dog was lucky for now. 

I also have inside cats and outside cats we feed.  The one outside cat was hit by a car this morning and now I have to bury her.  Her name was Phantom.  Although I wasnít attached to her like the inside animals I still felt bad this morning early when my daughter found her on the road and bought her in.  I think Phantom also went to cat heaven and is now in peace. 

A hug and prayer for to you and Kita too.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 08:34:48 PM »
Sorry to hear that Jon and I pass along my heartfelt condolences. Dogs are family and it is so hard to let them go. My Lab is going to be 10 in Feb and has arthritis which makes it difficult for him to get around and up/down. I DREAD when that day comes. Stay strong!
Chaz

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 08:44:16 PM »
jon,

kita is beautiful.  I am so sorry for for your loss.

deb

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 09:18:27 PM »
100% yes.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 09:54:57 PM »
Thank you all for the kind words. Me and Rosie cried perpetually and unashamedly for 2-3 days and still will start at nothing. Nothing tough about NOT crying, should be mandatory for everyone once or twice a month or so :'( :-D good for the soul!! Here's my all time favorite Twilight Zone episode. Wraps it all in a nutshell
God Bless

jon

Online mitchjg

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 10:04:09 PM »
So sorry.  Sound like you and your family really loved Kita.  My wife and I have dogs in our lives most of our married life together.  It is so hard when one goes.  Our Charlie is 15 now and we were both crying tonight because we know he will not be with us much longer - I was writing our breeder a note to thank her for introducing us to our wonderful friend.

If you are like us, you will always cherish your time with Kita and you will get another dog in your life soon....

Here is our friend and companion in his youth:

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 10:46:08 PM »
  Charlie is AWESOME looking!! Kita was a pure bread husky, shepard, border collie mutt of the highest line :-D. I find enormous joy in the fact he has finally met my grandson Jack who is 14 years in Heaven and will show him around and help find all the good hunting and fishing spots for me :P :angel:

jon

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 12:27:18 AM »
Sorry to hear about your loss Jon. Kita looks beautiful! I have made that final trip to the vet four times now for various pets, so I know how hard it can be.

Heck yeah, I believe there is a doggie heaven! She's having a grand old time there!
The member formerly known as Colonel_Klink

Offline bfguilford

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 11:38:35 AM »
Jon:  It seems to me that Kita was living in a little bit of heaven on earth from the way you talk about her. Sorry for your loss. Tears are good!

Barry
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 01:40:52 PM »
Jon:  Kita was lovely, and obviously cherished.  All dogs should have a life like you gave her.  I'm sorry for your loss.

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 03:25:08 PM »
May God give you strength Jon and welcome Kita into His loving arms.
Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Earthmover

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 03:23:10 PM »
Got this in an email!
Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolfhound named Belker.  The dog's owners, Ron, his wife Lisa, and their little boy Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer.

I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure as they felt that Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's family surrounded him.

Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was

going on.  Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion.

We sat together for a while after Belker's Death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives.

Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, "I know why."

Startled, we all turned to him.

What came out of his mouth next stunned me.  I'd never heard a more comforting explanation.  It has changed the way I try and live.

He said, "People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life -- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?"

The Six-year-old continued, "Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long."

Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:
    �  When loved ones come home, always run to greet them;
    �  Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride;
    �  Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure Ecstasy;
    �  Take naps;
    �  Stretch before rising;
    �  Run, romp, and play daily;
    �  Thrive on attention and let people touch you;
    �  Avoid biting when a simple growl will do;
    �  On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass;
    �  On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree;
    �  When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body;
    �  Delight in the simple joy of a long walk;
    �  Be loyal;
    �  Never pretend to be something you're not;
    �  If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it;
    �  When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently;

There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.

You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good, so, love the people who

treat you right.

Think good thoughts for the ones who don't ~ life is too short to be anything but happy.

Offline bfguilford

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 08:41:54 PM »
Earthmover: Thank you for an amazing story of an amazing young person who was obviously wise beyond his years.

Barry
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline zymurgymaster

• A.lpha S.ausage S.upreme
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 08:51:41 PM »
Nice.

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 08:57:37 PM »
LOVED IT, thank you for passing that on. As well as all the other kind words from everyone. We've all spent some time crying over this....me probably the most :'( But, i can look back on almost 13 years of great memories with Kita, REALLY, the best dog I've ever shared space with. :)

jon

Offline Pizzamaster

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2013, 04:57:02 AM »
If people do I certainly hope dogs do.