Author Topic: Question/ Help please  (Read 903 times)

Offline Polo1523

Question/ Help please
« on: January 10, 2013, 11:22:53 AM »
Hi guys, I have a question last night I did a batch of Glutenboys recipe

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,4565.msg38409.html#msg38409;

I put the dough for counter rise, was supposed to do it for 1hr, but I forgot and left it for 4-5 hours, and then I placed it on the fridge, It definitely got a good ferment smell, can you tell if this will affect the process? or can this dough still be used, I am planning using it tomorrow.

Your advise will be appreciated.
Regards Leo.

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Re: Question/ Help please
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 01:50:27 PM »
Polo, I would use it! Based on the long ferment time that glutenboy used, and the relatively short time that you are using, even tho 4 hrs on counter. Try it you may like it. And as always you can eat your mistakes.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline Polo1523

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 02:12:08 PM »
Yes Mark,

I will definitely use it, and also we have cold weather so It shouldn't be any problem.

Thanks for your advise.
Regards Leo.

Offline Glutenboy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza & Sex -- Good? Great! Bad? Still okay.
    • My Pizza Gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 03:37:02 PM »
Hi Polo,

I'm sure it'll be fine.  I'm less particular than many on my counter rise time.  I've left my dough out and gone to the gym, intending to be back in an hour and a half, and ended up not getting home for hours.  I just punched it down, scaled it, balled it, and refrigerated it.  I can't say whether or not the long rise changed anything, but it certainly didn't make it worse for the wear.  Please report back and post pics if you can.

- GB
Quote under my pic excludes Little Caesar's.

Offline bfguilford

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 11:27:59 PM »
I usually leave my Glutenboy dough out for around 2 hours (depending on the temperature, I may go a little longer). You should be fine. BTW, I cold fermented my last batch of Glutenboy dough for 10 days - it was fabulous. I just made another batch and it's going for 10 days in the fridge, too. I really wonder if 24-48 hours is long enough. Let us know how it goes.

Barry
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Polo1523

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 10:15:49 AM »
Great advise thanks, definitely you always learn with a mistake  :pizza: , one more question I have, when you use granular sea salt for your recipes do you disolve the salt in water first? or do you just throw into the flour as little grains.
Regards Leo.

Offline bfguilford

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 01:09:50 PM »
No need to dissolve it unless it is the large crystals that you normally load into a grinder (in which case, just grind it and add it without dissolving it first).

Barry
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Polo1523

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 05:13:40 PM »
Thanks again.
Regards Leo.