Author Topic: Peruvian Chicken  (Read 633 times)

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Peruvian Chicken
« on: January 10, 2013, 05:14:44 PM »
Gonna give this a try tonight...anyone ever had Peruvian style rotisserie chicken?   "roasted in our imported oven from Perú. This
oven uses only wood charcoal, no gas or electric
heat is needed."

http://www.maminoras.com/MenuDurham.html
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Online breadstoneovens

• Vendor
    • Bread Stone Ovens
Re: Peruvian Chicken
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 10:25:04 PM »
Yes, that is usually a great chicken. Up here it is called "Pollo la brasa".
But not as good as my rotisserie chicken  :-D
WFO cooking is about passion.

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
    • Bat Man vs. The Penguin
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 11:11:17 AM »
I will be up in Durham tomorrow night so please let me know if the chicken is good!

The places I've been to up in D.C. vary in terms of quality but some have been awesome. There is a green spicy sauce that they serve it with. Not really a chimichurri, kinda sorta looks like txCraig's jalapanamole, but vinegary.

We are coming up from ILM to see my wife's favorite band Guster do an acoustic show at the Carolina Theater.

John
I'm not wearing hockey pads!

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 03:09:48 PM »
John, I cannot recommend this Durham location. I bought 5 restaurant.com deals for this place and am going to see if I can refund/exchange them. The people said my certs. were only good for their Raleigh location.  >:(  It smelled great walking into the place(I believe they are using oak)but looking at several different dine in customers plates all of the chicken looked dry as a bone. I really didn't want to even order but I did and was relieved when they dropped the no-go on me over the certificate...thanks but no thanks.  ::)

Here is a pretty nice place that serves some near gourmet dishes at non gourmet prices. They are consistently good. Good luck and let me know if you want another rec. There is a new Tia place that folks are saying is awesome..."Pad Tia" on Guess rd.  here's the Trattotria I recommended...it's about 2 blocks from the theater.

http://pops-durham.com/
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"