Author Topic: IC Pizza Recipe  (Read 3272 times)

Offline rayguy

• I Love Pizza!
IC Pizza Recipe
« on: May 16, 2006, 09:51:42 PM »
Forty years ago I delivered pizza for IC Pizza during the summer. Located in Matteson, Illinois (a south suburb of Chicago), it was by far the best pizza I have ever eaten; better than Aurelio's, Palermo's or Home Run Pizza.

In the mid 70's, the name changed to Barbarino's Pizza when the business was sold. The pizza recipe was passed on to the new owner whose pizza was similar and very good.

Now retired, I have thought of nothing but having an IC Pizza. This thought has been running through my mind for at least 25 years since we left the Chicago area. I have tried in vain to duplicate the recipe without success.  If anyone knows of the whereabouts of this receipe, I am willing to pay cash for it.

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
Re: IC Pizza Recipe
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 10:18:16 PM »
Hey RayGuy,

I can't help you out, but I welcome you to our great community ! , I'm glad you stopped by.

There are many I'm sure on this board that may be able to help you out.

I know how you feel...... you got this taste of that pizza in your head, and you can amost taste it,
and even 25 years later one bite, and the memories come flooding back, .... yup, I know the feeling.

anyway good luck in finding it.  Gee, you may even want to write the original location where you
bought it, and see if they will FedEx you a piece or something  ;D , at least you can have a slice, even
if they don't want to share the recipe with ya.

Anyway good luck, and welcome !

Mark in Canada
Pizzamaker, Rib Smoker, HomeBrewer, there's not enough time for a real job.

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
Re: IC Pizza Recipe
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 12:01:32 AM »
If anyone knows of the whereabouts of this receipe, I am willing to pay cash for it.

Why not donate and become a supporting member of this board.?I guarantee you will be enlightened,educated and probably will learn more about Pizza in twenty five days than you've dreamed about in the past 25 years.Welcome.
                                                                         David
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market