Author Topic: Randy’s recipe (a few changes) hand mixed; Need help with crumb  (Read 10665 times)

Offline Danes Dad

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Randy’s recipe (a few changes) hand mixed; Need help with crumb
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2006, 07:03:15 PM »
Scottr - I have a fairly new electric GE.  I looked in the manual and found directions to adjust the thermostat.  A few simultaneous button presses will allow me to adjust the oven temperature up to 35F hotter.  Based on that I should be able to get the oven up to 585F.  That will be great for the pizza, but how about the oven?  It's still under warranty so now is the time to try.  My concern is it is not a self cleaning oven(its a basic model) so I don't know how high the oven is rated for.  I guess i'll find out soon.

Danes dad

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Randy’s recipe (a few changes) hand mixed; Need help with crumb
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2006, 11:01:44 PM »
I am no oven designer, but I am pretty sure you will be fine.  If the oven has the ability to be calibrated for the extra temp I am sure it was designed to handle the extra temp.

Offline Danes Dad

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Randy’s recipe; FINALLY PERFECTED!!
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2006, 03:09:25 PM »
I have finally perfected (I think) Randy's recipe.  The main reason the pie turned out so well is I followed his directions exactly.  I have since learned unless there is a good reason for alternation, don't do it.  I only made two deviations from his recipe.  First, the dough was hand kneaded.  This was done out of necessity as I don't have a mixer.  Second, the dough was parbaked.  This was done because in my limited experience it i've found it's the best way for my oven to produce a well browned crust without a charred bottom.

Wouldn't you know it, I finally make a great pizza and when I try to take a picture the battery dies >:( .  So the only picture I can show is of my leftovers and they don't do the pizza justice.  Although, this pizza tasted just as well, if not better the next morning.  Reply #5 at this link shows the pie http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,2812.0.html   

Danes Dad.

pizzapan