Author Topic: a few pies from the home oven!  (Read 875 times)

Offline theketchuptheory

a few pies from the home oven!
« on: January 10, 2013, 06:58:34 PM »
Hey guys! I dunno whether to post under "newbie" or "general" considering I haven't earned my stripes yet I'll dabble around here for a bit.

I've been making pizzas for around 2-3 years now, been working mostly from pre-tossed dough to get some topping ideas intact for whoever comes over. Lately i been working with dough from Pastosa practicing some tossing techniques and how to work with my current settings for my oven. I want to learn how to read baker's percentages so I can finally make my own dough and be one step closer into making this a daily thing.

I made a few pies today I want to know what any of you guys think!
I preheated the stone at 550 under the bake setting, then i use the top broiler while i make my pies. I pop it in and VIOLA! It was cooked in about 2.3-3 minutes!

I was a bit disappointed with the undercarriage because I used a bit too much flour so it didn't leopard as my pies before but this is a win in my book!

I used whole San Marzano tomatoes, and shredded mozzarella from pastosa. Nothing was altered

Offline theketchuptheory

Re: a few pies from the home oven!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 07:00:13 PM »
undercarriage

Offline theketchuptheory

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 07:01:06 PM »
undercarriage

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 07:26:35 PM »
I think it looks very tasty theketchuptheory but you can do much better once you get the baker's % down. I appreciate your wanting to move forward. Baker's % instruction is in the search feature but if you have a problem jus PM me an I'll skool ya real quick.  ;)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"