Author Topic: Colony Grill Pizza  (Read 679 times)

Offline jonedwards1

Colony Grill Pizza
« on: January 11, 2013, 05:51:40 AM »
Hello All,

My name is Jon and I reside in Albuquerque, NM. Originally from Stamford, CT and a huge fan of Colony Grill pizza in Stamford since the 60's. I actually grew up around the corner from this place which was actually just a small bar that sold pizzas. Not really a so-called "grill". If you're ever in Connecticut you must stop in and try one. AWESOME thin crust, I guess you could call it cracker crust. Colony Grill began expanding a couple years ago and now has a second location in Fairfield and I heard a third will be opening in Milford. I want to try to best duplicate this scrumptious pie.

There is a YouTube video that shows them making the pizzas in their kitchen, however it is very confusing. I see a guy making the pizza in a 12" pizza pan with sides. The kind of pan I would expect to make a deep dish pizza in. Later in the video the guy is pulling the pizza out of the oven with no pan. My question is how did the pizza get from the pan into the oven? Was it first par baked in the pan and then removed to the oven? If so does the pan have a removable bottom?

Here is the video:     

I need to know so I can at least get the texture correct as this is one of the important features of this pizza. Their sauce and dough are secrets but would appreciate any thoughts (recipes) anyone may have.

Thanks in advance for any advice/input. Im a pizza freak that needs his Colony pizza!!!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:53:12 AM by jonedwards1 »

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Colony Grill Pizza
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 08:19:55 AM »
Jon,

You are not the first one to indicate interest in cloning the pizzas from Colony Grill. If you do a forum search using the terms Colony Grill, you will get several hits. You might get some helpful hints but not a Colony Grill recipe.

Peter

pizzapan