Author Topic: Dough San Antonio, TX 2013  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
Dough San Antonio, TX 2013
« on: January 11, 2013, 03:16:33 PM »
I was seated just in front of the guy forming the skins.  I mean if I would have stood up on the bottom rail of my chair, I probably could have helped him form the skins.  I was suprised that there was no sneeze guard/ plexiglass enclosure around it.

I ordered the "Foir Di Latte Burrata" which is described as : House pulled fresh mozz. filled with cream and curds Fresh tomatoes, nasturtiums, basil pesto, roasted garlic and flatbread.  The app showed up just about the time junior begins for form the first skin.  He grabs a dough ball from a tray under the counter and puts it in a pile of flour, flips it over and moves it to the center of the work table.  His first move was to smash the cornice all the way around the dough; then he held the center of the dough with four fingers grabbed the edge and started pulling and rotating his way around the circle.  I felt like I was going to have a stroke when he picked the dough up and started stretching it on his knuckles, the a good NY style fist stretch.  He finished with a few quick tosses in the air. Yep.  All night long, every skin was made this way.  He said the dough was cold, but was made the day before.  It looked like it had no life to it at all, not spongy, or airy looking by any means.

The burrata was good, I expected the center to a bit more "creamy" than it was, but it tasted fresh none the less.  I did add a shake of salt, which I felt it needed.

I
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
Re: Dough San Antonio, TX 2013
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 03:33:57 PM »
The pizza was Pancetta (SM tomato sauce, house mozz., slivered garlic, Italian bacon & Parmigiano Reggiano.  I felt the baked pizza was slightly on the toothy side of tenderness. The pizza was good, but not great or outstanding, IMO.

2 pictures of each one with and without the light.

scott123

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 04:22:11 PM »
I mean if I would have stood up on the bottom rail of my chair, I probably could have helped him form the skins.

Maybe you should have.  What with the cornice smashing and stretching techniques that are kind of ridiculous for this style, it sounds like they could have used your help  :)

Seriously, though, great write up.

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 08:04:00 PM »
Seriously, though, great write up.

Thank you Dr. Scotty :pizza:

I forgot to add that these were 'morning after' pictures.

Offline Ronzo

• Beer, freedom n' pizza...
    • New Texian Brewery
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 11:37:45 PM »
Went to Dough on Saturday with my GF and some friends. Haven't been in two years. Was nice to visit again.

Got the Margherita and their special of the day, with Fontina, Rapini, house made pork sausage, thyme, and caramelized onions.

Friggin ridiculous.
Fuggheddabowdit!

~ Ron

Former NY'er living in Texas
http://newtexianbrew.com - http://ronlennex.com/ - http://pinterest.com/NewTexianBrew